2019 A250 MBUX & Rear Window Washer Queries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GSEH88

Car
AMG C63S Estate, AMG C63 Black Series, Porsche Cayman GT4 & Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cabriolet
I took delivery of a new A250 just over a week ago after struggling with an Audi A3 e-tron for a year and giving up (be warned, if your car needs a charger and you don’t have a driveway then don’t bother!). Anyway, I have 2 queries about my new car. Firstly, and fairly simply, does anyone know where the rear window washer for the latest A Class is? I ask because mine doesn’t work when I press the (left) button on the left hand wiper stalk but can’t find the nozzle anywhere at the back. Am I wrong to presume it has a washer?!!

I am struggling with the handwriting recognition in MBUX. I should clarify that I ticked every single option when specifying the car (I don’t understand why Mercedes offers such a pathetic number of options and almost all part of packages: no wheels, no leather, no proper hifi.....seriously?!) so I have the twin screens. When entering a destination in Navigation, if the name has more than 1 word I can’t work out how to write a space between the words. In my Audi, a horizontal line achieved this but in the Merc it is recognised as a hyphen. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Without a COMAND input wheel, I thought handwriting may be a good input alternative but right now to get a space I have to get out of handwriting mode by moving the cursor to Keyboard, click on that then move the cursor to the space symbol on the screen, click on that and then reverse the whole process to get back into handwriting mode and continue writing. It is ridiculously inefficient. I know it’s a touchscreen as well but have never liked using them as an inputting method or the multitude of smudges caused by touching the screen. I should also point out that there isn’t a quick way to move the cursor quickly across the screen using the touchpad and you end up drawing multiple strokes across, up and/or down to get where you need to be on the screen. I have read the manual fairly thoroughly but I’m hoping you guys will point out key points I’ve missed!

I took delivery of a new A250 just over a week ago after struggling with an Audi A3 e-tron for a year and giving up (be warned, if your car needs a charger and you don’t have a driveway then don’t bother!). Anyway, I have 2 queries about my new car. Firstly, and fairly simply, does anyone know where the rear window washer for the latest A Class is? I ask because mine doesn’t work when I press the (left) button on the left hand wiper stalk but can’t find the nozzle anywhere at the back. Am I wrong to presume it has a washer?!!

I am struggling with the handwriting recognition in MBUX. I should clarify that I ticked every single option when specifying the car (I don’t understand why Mercedes offers such a pathetic number of options and almost all part of packages: no wheels, no leather, no proper hifi.....seriously?!) so I have the twin screens. When entering a destination in Navigation, if the name has more than 1 word I can’t work out how to write a space between the words. In my Audi, a horizontal line achieved this but in the Merc it is recognised as a hyphen. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Without a COMAND input wheel, I thought handwriting may be a good input alternative but right now to get a space I have to get out of handwriting mode by moving the cursor to Keyboard, click on that then move the cursor to the space symbol on the screen, click on that and then reverse the whole process to get back into handwriting mode and continue writing. It is ridiculously inefficient. I know it’s a touchscreen as well but have never liked using them as an inputting method or the multitude of smudges caused by touching the screen. I should also point out that there isn’t a quick way to move the cursor quickly across the screen using the touchpad and you end up drawing multiple strokes across, up and/or down to get where you need to be on the screen. I have read the manual fairly thoroughly but I’m hoping you guys will point out key points I’ve missed!
Apologies if you already know but a really good way to access / search the manual is the Mercedes-Benz Guide App. You download the App then select which car and model year.
The Guide App for my 2018 E Class says for handwriting - to enter a space swipe right when the cursor is located in the input line.
I find even with a Comand wheel entering a postcode frustrating. Best option I have found is send the destination to the car using Mercedes Me - works every time and about 5 seconds after Comand starts it asks you if you want to navigate to that destination and saves it in your previous destinations. I also find the voice to be much simpler than entering in handwriting mode.

Thanks wivenhoe I have the physical and virtual manuals but I’m curious where the rear screen washer is actually located since I can’t find the outlet anywhere. As for the mystery of inserting a space in handwriting mode I can’t find any reference to this anywhere. Swiping right simply inserts a hyphen on MBUX. I find it hard to believe that the MB R&D budget cannot work out a simple way of inserting a space and am hoping someone else with MBUX has worked it out. As for using Mercedes Me, I’m usually not organised enough to preload my destination on the app before I travel. I will give the new voice command more of a chance since it is supposed to be greatly improved even though I’ve always felt silly speaking instructions to machines. Call me old fashioned!

Turns out the rear washer wasn't primed so it was a quick fix at the dealership. I did try pressing and holding down the button for a long time but it never worked. I'm still getting nowhere trying to find out how you write a [Space] on the touchpad though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom