2019 C63S Coupe - 12v Sockets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

356speedster

Car
Mercedes Benz AMG C63S Coupe
Hi all.... I've got a new 2019 C63S coupe and am trying to locate 12v sockets to plug in a compressor and correct the tyre pressures.

The manual is useless and states there is a socket in the front centre console (there isn't, I've got the wireless charge pad & CarPlay USB socket instead) and another one in the boot (there isn't, I've pulled the boot apart!). Now I have manage to find a 12v socket in the back seat area of the car, in the lower console under the rear vents - hardly a convenient location, but hey, at least there's one in the car somewhere!!

Have I missed something here? Does the facelift C63S coupe, really only have one inconveniently located 12v outlet? I did see a comment which stated that if you have the wireless charge pad, the 12v is relocated to under the glove box, but that's not the case. Does anyone know of any other hidden 12v sockets?!

the prefacelift wagon has one in the centre console, and boot... but then again , it is meant to be the practical option ...

btw congrats on the car, thing of beauty, it is

Have you asked the dealer as it is a new car?

the prefacelift wagon has one in the centre console, and boot... but then again , it is meant to be the practical option ...

btw congrats on the car, thing of beauty, it is

Thanks it's is a great thing. Our 350e is pre-facelift and has the socket in the centre console, but the wireless charger in the faceift coupe apears to omit any 12v replacement in the front, oddly. It's especially odd to have nothing in the boot, that I can find! As for the dealer......hmmm, past experience does not suggest that's a worthwhile conversation!

Quick update....... I used the rear seat 12v socket to plug in the little tyre compressor to rectify the pressures and it blew the car's fuse! Not good, given this is MB's provided get-you-going-after-a-puncture fix kit! Amusingly, I used the 12v socket in the front of our C350E (and moved the cars around, as the lead wasn't long enough to do all 4 tyres) to power the compressor and adjust the pressures. I hope I never have a puncture away from home, as the provided compressor kit can't be used in an emergency. Looks like I'll have to invest in an old-school foot pump to keep in the boot! Warning to all other owners, incase this is an oversight from MB and the rear 12v outlet is too low rated (vs the front / boot one, where fitted) to run a compressor.

I would certainly be on to Mercedes about this.

Try ringing customer services, they have always been helpful when I've had a query.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom