2019 c63s differential oil change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AF600RR

Car
C63S
Hi
I went to see my car yesterday and the AMG salesman mentioned that they have a new bulletin that the differential oil does not need to be changed now after run in.

Can anyone confirm this. I have requested further details
Obligatory car snaps
20190403_111059(1).jpg 20190403_103108(1).jpg 20190403_103430.jpg

I'd be asking to see that bulletin ...

Brochure says otherwise. I will insist on it.

Yeh, i did state that and he said he is sure he saw something and would clarify.
Have emailed to request more informtation.

Just wondering if anyone else was told similar to be honest

Mine had a sticker in the windscreen about this saying that it needed to be done. The manual had it in there as well.

Yes.
That was what i had questioned and he said he believes they were told run in procedure is the same bar the oil change now.

So am just waiting for them to confirm.

Either way, may go somewhere local to get it done regardless

Wouldn’t count on it. I was told the same in 2018 when I picked up mine. I would request official confirmation. Worth mentioning that the cost is covered by MB UK, in that case I would insist if it’s not inconvenient to you.

Dan

My dealer told me the same thing with my Pre face lift w205 c63. Shortly after I collected the car I got an email from AMG Stating the dif oil needed changing after 2000 miles which is included in the price of the car and would be provided FOC by my local dealer.

if in doubt always call MB UK customer services, they will cut through the BS straight away (ahem ...sorry in up to 5 business days ) ... the dealerships can be good sometimes , but equally, they can be quite atrocious ...

Thanks guys

Yes i am waiting on both the dealer and MBUK.

Was just intrigued if others had been told otherwise to be honest as it seems very inconsistent

Whatever you do get as much of it as you can in writing , save e-mails and txt messages. So if the diff does go pop at some stage you have evidence to help any claim you might have in the future. Will also help re sale.

A new differential might be £5,000, an oil change is £200 and is supposed to be free anyway for the first one. The only people that benefit from not doing the change is the dealer as they have to pay. It’s a no brainier, the dealer should do it or at worst you pay £200.
I have had mine done on Tuesday as part of my agreement on purchase but the oil sample I have is grey and looks like metallic paint. I’m having the oil tested by Miller oils so will let you know their comclusions.

All a pain in the backside , why wasn’t it done previously by the dealer !!!.

Andy

The friction plates shed fines in normal operation. When new the plates bed in pretty quickly, that’s why an oil change is required at 2000 miles. The oil will look silvery and metallic, that’s why it’s changed. Depending on how the car is driven I’d suggest regular oil changes in future. Frequently if the car does track work or driven hard. Less frequently if used for shopping

W205 - Mechanical diff needs the oil changed, the E diff doesn't apparently. I had the diff and insisted it was changed which the dealership complied with at no cost but Mercedes confirmed the it didn't need to be changed.

W205 - Mechanical diff needs the oil changed, the E diff doesn't apparently. I had the diff and insisted it was changed which the dealership complied with at no cost but Mercedes confirmed the it didn't need to be changed.
Sorry, I don’t agree with that. You only have to see the condition of the oil you drain out to know it needs to be done. The S diff has friction plates, it just has electronic control of them where the non S works on ramps, the old fashioned way.

Whoever gave you that 'pearl of wisdom' must have been on acid.....The diff oil change is at mandatory intervals, its in the service schedule - my local dealer didn't want to do it either, although they at least acknowledged it was in the schedule. I ended up getting it done at my local indy, was way less hassle and cheaper to boot.

My dealer told me the same thing with my Pre face lift w205 c63. Shortly after I collected the car I got an email from AMG Stating the dif oil needed changing after 2000 miles which is included in the price of the car and would be provided FOC by my local dealer.
My car is a March 2018 pre facelift C63 AMG W205 (not S).When I bought it at 13,000 miles it had no record of a running in service at 2,000 miles on the diff and the dealer said it’s not needed so I asked them to do it anyway as a condition of purchase. They didn’t do it, they did transmission instead by mistake so at 16,000 miles I got it done.I got the oil analysed and iron content is over recommended levels and Miller Oils said 2,000 miles and then 31,000 miles is a good idea but Mercedes UK insist that the recommendation on my car was first change at 31,000 miles.On older cars they accept a 2,000 mile running in change is required.Looking at the oil, the change was overdue so all those with a 31,000 mile recommendations get the oil changed ASAP and don’t wait.(and give them a jam jar so you can see the condition yourself).

What’s the point in the engineers developing an amazing bit of kit to find the accountants cut out the free 2,000 mile oil change.Maybe they think the cost of warranty claims will be less than the £167 plus VAT for each change.

I have to tell them this kind of behaviour puts me off buying a Mercedes.My independent mechanic who does Expert Witness work has yet to comment so I will keep you posted.

My car has done 14k miles since the last rear diff oil change 3 years ago. What's the view on whether I should change it again at the next service next month or leave for another year? I'll probably only do 4-5k miles in 12 months.

My car has done 14k miles since the last rear diff oil change 3 years ago. What's the view on whether I should change it again at the next service next month or leave for another year? I'll probably only do 4-5k miles in 12 months.
Stick to manufacturers recommendations. For the cost, it isn’t worth the risk to not do it.

Also, it could well put buyers off if/when you come to sell, I personally wouldn’t buy a used C63 with missed diff oil changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom