2019 C63S front bumper trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon737

Car
A rubbish one...
Hi,

I noticed that the top part of my front bumper trim has got some strange ‘ring’ shape marks on it - both have about 4 distinguishable marks along the trim - identical on either side. Is the moulding marks for the factory?? They seem to have discoloured slightly too in comparison to the bottom part?

Is this a warranty issue?? Any ideas what’s caused it or if I’d be able to fix it myself.

Cheers.

Attachments

• BB752A3D-B876-4446-A7B1-7FA33F298F0C.jpeg
    BB752A3D-B876-4446-A7B1-7FA33F298F0C.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 0F845A12-AF62-4BD0-A3EB-D59DA6C88CCC.jpeg
    0F845A12-AF62-4BD0-A3EB-D59DA6C88CCC.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 14
Looks like moulding marks from resting on the tooling.

Is that a Magno Iridium Silver Estate per chance?

Hi,

I noticed that the top part of my front bumper trim has got some strange ‘ring’ shape marks on it - both have about 4 distinguishable marks along the trim - identical on either side. Is the moulding marks for the factory?? They seem to have discoloured slightly too in comparison to the bottom part?

Is this a warranty issue?? Any ideas what’s caused it or if I’d be able to fix it myself.

Cheers.
Is that metal or plastic ?

If the former , a tube of Autosol Chrome polish out of Halfords and a little elbow grease might fix it .

If plastic , you might just polish the artificial chrome finish away .

Is that metal or plastic ?

If the former , a tube of Autosol Chrome polish out of Halfords and a little elbow grease might fix it .

If plastic , you might just polish the artificial chrome finish away .

Thanks for the reply, its plastic - very similar to the gloss black piano trim you find on door pillars etc, I did think about going down the polishing route but I don’t have a DA polisher small enough to be able to get at it - to remove it you have to take off the front bumper as they’re held in by 4 screws at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom