2019 CLA200 Cold Running and awful MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FletchMike23

Car
2019 CLA200 Shooting Brake
Hi everyone,

First post for me on here! I picked up my 69 plate CLA200 shooting brake 2 weeks ago (stunning car) but I've noticed some troubling things:

1- the mpg is crap. 30mpg average... Should be 50 according to what I'd seen online.

2- the engine runs cold. I can drive it for ages and it's still cold. I can't upload a pic as too large, but temp is 30 when it should be 80.

I know the 2 are linked, but why oh why is this. Is this a common fault with the 1.3 3 pot engine? Is this uncommon?! Am I unlucky?!

Thanks!

Initial thought would be thermostat is faulty, did you buy privately or from dealer?if latter then check warranty. What sort of driving gives you 30 is town,,motorway?

It sounds very much as though the thermostat is faulty, which means the engine is not getting up to the correct operating temperature quickly enough (or not at all). A cold engine has much worse fuel consumption. I suggest you take it back to your dealer for attention. You might be advised to focus on the fact that it is not getting up to temperature and quote the coolant temperature you are seeing after driving X miles, suggesting there appears to be a problem with the thermostat. If you complain about the fuel consumption there is a risk you will be fobbed off, although you could mention this in support.

Initial thought would be thermostat is faulty, did you buy privately or from dealer?if latter then check warranty. What sort of driving gives you 30 is town,,motorway?
A 69 plate will at most be a few months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom