2019 CLS - Press Release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like a rounded rump, 928 was a favourite as was Jennifer Lopez.

My mate says it every other sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The W219 is the best looking CLS, the one after that and the various changes made since have bulked up the car and although it looks meaner, it isn't as sleek or as timeless. The original set the benchmark for 4 door coupes and will go down as a classic. I think that design paved the way for others such as the CLA and even the GLC Coupe. Obviously MB have had to keep pace with the other manufacturers, but when the CLS came out, there was nothing like it. It got panned in certain corners, but when I had my CLS55, people couldn't believe it was a 10 year + car and when you see one today, even a standard non AMG one, its a thing of beauty.

Agree with ChrisCLS55. The W219 was different in so many ways from all of the other MB ranges. Sadly they have slid the later versions into the E-class line with too many common components and fittings that it just looks like a variant on the e-class.

I'm wondering if I will ever have enough money to afford one...I mean I work as much as I can and hopefully in a few years it will all pay off...Anyhow, it's a superb car.

Visually stunning and highly appealing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love the interior and the tech, and from a side profile it has went back to the W219 somewhat, but I don't like the rear nor the front. The front I dislike the most. The rear will grow on me no doubt just as the C-Class Coupe has. Had MB had the grill/nose set back into the bonnet like the one you see above in KillerHertz's car it would have taken the car all the way back to the original, but in a more modern way as the side profile has done. It will undoubtedly sell load though and overall it is very nice. I think with the original they got the design absolutely spot on. Again today, it looks like a new car and I genuinely believe in 20 years time unmolested low mileage cars will we worth a fortune. I will certainly be getting another CLS55 one day as my garage queen because I just love that car.

So I got to see the new CLS53 AMG a couple of weeks ago in Spain. It really has to be seen in the flesh to really be appreciated. I was blown away with its presence, it really does usher in a newly refreshed style for the brand. You’ll all see that when it’s revealed in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got to see the new CLS53 AMG a couple of weeks ago in Spain. It really has to be seen in the flesh to really be appreciated. I was blown away with its presence, it really does usher in a newly refreshed style for the brand. You’ll all see that when it’s revealed in January

Same for every single Merc. Noone even likes them on here until in person.

Same for every single Merc. Noone even likes them on here until in person.

Agreed. Obviously I get to see and drive all new models, but I was blown away by this one

Am liking the front, sides and interior, but the back lights are just too pointy. Maybe not a big deal for some, but a questionable back end can put drivers off, seeing that you can be sitting behind one in traffic for a while.

That front 3/4 view is a stunning likeness to the Mustang. Well spotted.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

Am liking the front, sides and interior, but the back lights are just too pointy. Maybe not a big deal for some, but a questionable back end can put drivers off, seeing that you can be sitting behind one in traffic for a while.

That front 3/4 view is a stunning likeness to the Mustang. Well spotted.

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

Well that’s the way they’re going with Barrie lights. Just look at the new A Class

I saw one out in the wild yesterday in the centre of Amsterdam with German plates. Pictures do not do the car justice:

g6Van9W.jpg

rCwtQEC.jpg

I’ve just noticed that you can now build one on the MBUK configurator. I’m sure it’s lovely to look at in person, but MB do it no favours online.

Predictable forum responses...!

I cant think of one Merc on here in the past ten years that hasnt had everyone disliking it when its first shown.

Everybody loves any car if it has 8 cylinders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom