2019 E220 cabrio dash cam fitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blowpipe

Car
2019 E220d Cabrio
Grateful for any pointers on how to self fit a standard forward facing dashcam on a 2019 cabrio. This is a lease car so I'm keen not to go the hard wired route, and on checking it out the nearest USB port seems to be in the front console, but that's pretty enclosed so would prevent the lid from closing and would also have the dash cam lead trailing over to top to go in. Any ideas?

Grateful for any pointers on how to self fit a standard forward facing dashcam on a 2019 cabrio. This is a lease car so I'm keen not to go the hard wired route, and on checking it out the nearest USB port seems to be in the front console, but that's pretty enclosed so would prevent the lid from closing and would also have the dash cam lead trailing over to top to go in. Any ideas?
A few options you could consider:

1. Add a USB adapter to the cigar lighter.
2. Use an OBDII power Adaptor.
3. Use a fuse tap to connect to the fuse box.

Which camera do you have or are you thinking of buying?

Thanks BD - I can find extra USBs in the centre console, which would be ideal if I could find a stress-free way of routing the wiring into it as we don't need a phone charger given the wireless option. The cigar lighter in the rear could be an option, but may preclude closing the lid. Haven't decided on a camera yet, but use Aukey in the other cars which are pretty good.

Thanks BD - I can find extra USBs in the centre console, which would be ideal if I could find a stress-free way of routing the wiring into it as we don't need a phone charger given the wireless option. The cigar lighter in the rear could be an option, but may preclude closing the lid. Haven't decided on a camera yet, but use Aukey in the other cars which are pretty good.
Have a look at post 33 on my thread from a few years ago when I hard wired in one one mine.

https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/dash-cam-prep-and-queries.233203/pagpage-2
Thanks Fabes, but I really don't want to go down the hard wired route as it's a lease car and I'll need to get it removed easily. I was after the best way of routing the cabling to a USB port, preferably one of the centre console ones with minimum disruption.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom