2019 G63 Rear Seat Entertainment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy2404

Car
2011 C63 AMG with Performance Pack
Good evening,

I have just purchased a 69 reg G63 however I am disappointed that the rear seat entertainment system does not show tv when you have a tv tuner in the front!! I have never heard or seen anything so daft in my life!!
The G63 rear entertainment is a touch screen style with a browser and options for external sources only. Now my kids are in the back of the car and this is a huge disappointment. Does anyone know if it can be coded as such or can tell me the best way to watch films/programmes in the rear for my kids? Many thanks

Good evening,

I have just purchased a 69 reg G63 however I am disappointed that the rear seat entertainment system does not show tv when you have a tv tuner in the front!! I have never heard or seen anything so daft in my life!!
The G63 rear entertainment is a touch screen style with a browser and options for external sources only. Now my kids are in the back of the car and this is a huge disappointment. Does anyone know if it can be coded as such or can tell me the best way to watch films/programmes in the rear for my kids? Many thanks
I just checked with the Head of Rear Seat Entertainment (my daughter) and whilst we don’t have a G63 she confirmed that all of the Mercedes that we’ve had with rear seat entertainment and TV tuner have been able to show TV on the rear screens.

Can you watch TV in the front? If you do then you have a TV tuner in the car, so it might be just a matter of pushing the right buttons in the right order. Do you have a teenager available to work it out? 😁

Yes I’d be surprised if they have dropped this function, you may need to check all the settings/menus etc (from the front end in the car, sometimes a menu like ‘active video source in rear’

Not familiar with the newer systems, but has to be worth looking :)

That’s for your reply’s - I’m totally mind boggled...

The wording in the brochure is perplexing.

Note that the 'Rear Seat Entertainment Package' includes a Digital TV Tuner that 'does not display in rear'. :doh:

I wonder who at MB decides on the names of the option packs.

Sounds bizarre - and no headphones included anymore either!

The attraction with the rear seat entertainment package was always the flexibility - the rear passengers can either watch the front source (disc or TV) in the rear, or they can play their own source via aux in (video and sound) or their own discs in the rear.

Obviously not much comes on disc these days, but it is handy for those longer journeys with younger kids etc.

Can’t understand why it wouldn’t have been possible for MB to have the TV tuner running to the rear screens, especially as they have an aux in function anyway.

Have a word with COMAND in Lightwater and see if they can advise further?

@Alfie @richard

Have a word with COMAND in Lightwater and see if they can advise further?

Hood idea - there may be a STAR mod that fixes this ;)

Thanks guys let’s see if we can override is as such, who do I need to contact? Thanks again

I can’t even begin to get my head around why Mercedes would do this, what's the point?

I can only speculate that displaying the TV at the rear would have required a more-complex remote control unit for the rear seat occupants?

Absolute stupidity from MB if they have done this. I would be pissed if I had spent over £100k on a car and a simple feature like this doesn't work!

I can only speculate that displaying the TV at the rear would have required a more-complex remote control unit for the rear seat occupants?
Most of it was done through the COMAND unit (in the front) on previous models. You set the channels (if using the TV tuner) and the rear screens just mirrored what was on the front screen.

That’s for your reply’s - I’m totally mind boggled...
Blimey, that seems incredible.. What happens when you playback other media, can you present it on the other screens, ie display content through the fr
Absolute stupidity from MB if they have done this. I would be pissed if I had spent over £100k on a car and a simple feature like this doesn't work!
Think £150k ish 😳

It can’t be done guy!!
However - would an amazon fire stick work plugged into the hdmi on the rear screens connected to the cars WiFi hotspot? How does the data work on the car is there a charge for unlimited?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom