2019 Mercedes C-Class Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From AutoCar
Prices for the cheapest model in the four-strong line-up, the saloon, start from £64,000, an increase of £3500 over the outgoing model though, Mercedes says, with significantly more equipment. The C63 S saloon costs £73,000, a rise of £5700 over its predecessor. The most expensiv model in the new C63 range is the C63 S Cabriolet, which is priced from £79,000. First deliveries are scheduled for October.

Comparison

AMG C63 S coupe:

Price £75,000 est.Engine 4.0-litre V8 biturboPower 503bhpTorque516lb ftTop speed 180mph0-62mph 3.9secs

BMW M4 Clubsport:

Price £89,130Engine 3.0-litre twin-turboPower 454bhpTorque442lb ftTop speed 174mph0-62mph 3.9secs

BMW M4 Clubsport is a completely different beast, the C63 should be compared with a Competition Pack BMW M3/M4.

I can't see what additional equipment would add up to £3500, unless the Premium Package and sport exhaust are standard, and an increase of £5700 for a C63S is a joke. At least the C63 is getting the electronic diff. I'll be interested in seeing the final spec and price for the C43, now that it has a number of upgrades including nearly 400hp, though it's not for me.

If these prices are true it makes an Alfa Guilia Quadrifoglio, with 510hp, a bargain, or a 3 month old pre reg or ex demo E63 at £75k.

RR

Only the 220d. The remainder of the engines being launched in the C Class are new and not in the E Class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When are you expecting prices on the new C-Clas Line up?

Is the C200 petrol going to be a 1.5 Litre which gets a extra boost from the Alternator when needed ?
Is this engine used in any other models currently ? Or other brands ie Renault ?

When are you expecting prices on the new C-Clas Line up?

I understand from an earlier post and speaking to my dealer for saloons and estates they should be announced on the 11 April.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the Facelift can be configured on the UK website but options are limited, found the full spec and looks available on Mercedes.de

Would you expect the new models to have a big effect on current model prices ?
Obviously some decent discounts available now, which wont be on new one.
Just wondered what people have seen before when new MB facelifts models come out.

Would you expect the new models to have a big effect on current model prices ?
Obviously some decent discounts available now, which wont be on new one.
Just wondered what people have seen before when new MB facelifts models come out.

You can already get good discounts on the facelifted models, Drive the Deal offering discounts of over 21%.
For example the C200 SE 9G-Tronic saloon with new EQ Boost Hybrid engine going for £26,695 vs £34,075 list. Equally big discounts on the new C300 petrol and C300d diesel.

A little more technical detail here plus some pictures of the traditional grille cars which the UK may not get?? Apologies if this has been posted before
The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon and the new Estate.

02-mercedes-benz-vehicles-c-class-w-205-facelift-exclusive-exterieur-smaragdgruen-metallic-2560x1440-750x422.jpg

So the UK won't be getting the S-Class-style grille....? :(

We didn't have a decent 'Elegance' grille on a C-Class in the UK since around 2012.

02-mercedes-benz-vehicles-c-class-w-205-facelift-exclusive-exterieur-smaragdgruen-metallic-2560x1440-750x422.jpg

So the UK won't be getting the S-Class-style grille....? :(

We didn't have a decent 'Elegance' grille on a C-Class in the UK since around 2012.

Disappointing. As an MB traditionalist and probably old before my time, this stylie grill could tempt me into a new C (or possibly E). Great cars still and may get one at some point but this would be the icing on the cake for me. Sad I know.

Some more pictures and technical details of the new M264 4 cylinder petrol engine to be found in various states of tune in the face lift C class. Worthy of note the 48volt eQ boost technology the twin scroll turbocharger and the addition of an OPF Otto [ petrol] particulate filter.
2048_tecday-motoren_0205-1-2-jpg.426550

Mercedes-Benz M264 Engine

I wonder if we will get the gunsight badge on the bonnet in the UK?

If MB lost (ie, didn't want to pay EU type approval for it) then it's gone forever and can't be retrospectively granted on subsequent models.

All done in the name of pedestrian safety!

Disappointing. As an MB traditionalist and probably old before my time, this stylie grill could tempt me into a new C (or possibly E). Great cars still and may get one at some point but this would be the icing on the cake for me. Sad I know.

Why MB think that the inhabitants of this island all want cars on 19" wheels, massive side-skirts and a diamond grille is beyond me... :(

Why MB think that the inhabitants of this island all want cars on 19" wheels, massive side-skirts and a diamond grille is beyond me... :(
Could not agree more.
Looks like children designed the interior and someone on god knows what did the steering wheel...

Why MB think that the inhabitants of this island all want cars on 19" wheels, massive side-skirts and a diamond grille is beyond me..

Also agree. I have zero desire for impractical 19" wheels and a toy town interior.

Just picked up my new 2019 C200eq.
Anyone know what the extra coolant tank is for? nothing in manual.
The radiator tank is other side of engine
0D6911DB-1FD3-4E97-854E-12583A86A443.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom