2019 Mercedes C-Class Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this bigger than the previous W/S205 ?

This car replaces my 2014 W205 C200 sport.
Engine slightly noisier but has more grunt wouldn’t know it was 1497cc compared to previous C200.
Less road and wind noise in cabin.
Difficult to compare handing or comfort as previous had airmatic.
No CD slot. No 12v socket in front storage, replaced with USB charging point, but 12v socket in rear storage. Don’t seem to be able to store music on command system, using sd card. Don’t seem to be able to download safety camera poi to command navigation.
No oil dip stick, have to call up on display. Coolant temperature has to be called up also.
Standard tyres Continental contisport5.
Just fitted my mercedes winter wheels/tyres I had for previous C200 Sport no problem with tmps.
Less space under boot cover where tirefit is.

Virtually same size

Shame even the W/S205 got bigger at all , I chose a S204 because it was compact , it's actually shorter than a 2003 Passat estate .

I thought car manufacturers wanted you to go buy the replacement model but there is this incessant drive among manufacturers that bigger is better .

Have the roads got bigger as have parking spaces , NO !

Reactions: 190
Engine slightly noisier but has more grunt wouldn’t know it was 1497cc compared to previous C200.
Less road and wind noise in cabin.
Difficult to compare handing or comfort as previous had airmatic.
No CD slot. No 12v socket in front storage, replaced with USB charging point, but 12v socket in rear storage. Don’t seem to be able to store music on command system, using sd card. Don’t seem to be able to download safety camera poi to command navigation.
No oil dip stick, have to call up on display. Coolant temperature has to be called up also.
Standard tyres Continental contisport5.
Just fitted my mercedes winter wheels/tyres I had for previous C200 Sport no problem with tmps.
Less space under boot cover where tirefit is.
Merlin1 - I have looked everywhere on the internet to see if speed cameras can be loaded into NTG 5.5 - no luck. If you find a way please post !

C-Class - Interactive Owner's Manual

Big warning about NOT topping up this reservoir!- nothing else of course
ps the online owners manual is as useful as a chocolate teapot on technical detail- all part of the Mercedes "customer dependancy" strategy I expect.:wallbash:

Nice can't wait to see the Coupe version :D

Engine slightly noisier but has more grunt wouldn’t know it was 1497cc compared to previous C200

I had the old 2 litre C200 and now considering the new 1.5 litre EQ boost C200

Do you notice any fuel economy differences?

Is it fast off the line? The old C200 had no hesitation and just took off. (However, in gear acceleration was a little weak, which seems to be resolved by the EQ boost from what you describe with the increased grunt)

Youtube 0 to 100kmh videos show the car has slower sprinting ability, about 8.7 or 8.8 secs Vs 7.5 of the old car and Vs the official figures.

It felt slower on a brief test drive and the power delivery less linear maybe. Engine did sound much noiser with a less refined sound under full load compared to old C200 which was relatively quiet and smooth even at high revs with slight sporty tone.

How does engine idle compare?

Last edited:
I'm disappointed with the spec of the new facelift c class. I have a 2015 S205 and Im looking to replace but the standard kit is very stingy, I note now the premium plus package is £5k for my car (up from the 3k I paid who I ordered in June 2015) and the thing that is most annoying is that DRIVER ONLY memory seats are another £600. I have no problem paying for memory seats but the lack of symmetry and the fact that its a bit cheap to have driver only is annoying. The identical replacement of my car is now over £7.5K more expensive in total including options.

Do you still get driver and passenger memory seats on the the full fat AMG cars? And do the AMG cars feature the digital dash display? The online configurator has been broken for weeks...

I'm disappointed with the spec of the new facelift c class. I have a 2015 S205 and Im looking to replace but the standard kit is very stingy, I note now the premium plus package is £5k for my car (up from the 3k I paid who I ordered in June 2015) and the thing that is most annoying is that DRIVER ONLY memory seats are another £600. I have no problem paying for memory seats but the lack of symmetry and the fact that its a bit cheap to have driver only is annoying. The identical replacement of my car is now over £7.5K more expensive in total including options.

Do you still get driver and passenger memory seats on the the full fat AMG cars? And do the AMG cars feature the digital dash display? The online configurator has been broken for weeks...

C63 comes with memory seats both side and the digital display too.

I've also noticed that the AMG Line don't come with the Artico leather stitched door belt lines either, only the dashboard is lined and stitched if that option is taken. If the memory seats are only drivers side that is annoying. But surely the passenger seat must be electric with the safety assist options where the seats move automatically into a 'brace' position if the car detects the possibility of a collision.

According to the MB C Class configurator (Jan 2019) even C43 and C63 saloon, only have electric driver seat, with memory. Passenger has manual, no memory. If it's manual, the passenger seat cannot move away from the dashboard in a possible collision scenario.

Last edited:
According to the latest Mercedes brochure for car builds December 2018 and on, the passenger seat is electric. Which conflicts with website.

"Memory package
Driver’s seat, front passenger seat, steering column and exterior
mirrors – electrically adjustable with memory"

Both seats have memory function at no extra cost, as per my order sheet.
Unfortunately, the configurator/online brochure are not the best.

Yes, the website for the AMG C63S
"Driver's seat electrically adjustable with memory function
Comfortable and individual adjustment of the seating position and head restraint is made possible by the electrically adjustable driver's seat"

The interior rendering for the AMG C63S does have electrical seat switches on both driver and passenger doors,
But for other the interior renderings for non AMG with memory option selected, only shows the drivers door with the electric switches, the passenger door is rendered without the switches. Who knows what Mercedes are trying to spec. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom