202 bodykit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iyse

Car
Porsche Boxster
Can anyone explain to me how to detach the sideskirts to a facelift 202, as I am in the final stages of purchasing a Rieger kit thereby wondering how easy they are to remove. Also, I believe the rear has an extra part at the bottom which must taken off to attach the rear splitter. Again, if anyone can help me in solving this, I would appreciate it. :)

Hi, Look under the car where the skirts are attached and you will see some black plastic plugs, lever the plugs so they becme loose and the skirt should become free. Pull the skirt firmly where it meets the rear wheel arch(below rubber seel) this will snap free, same at the front wing but there will be three small clips in a line (also below the rubber seel).lastly lever the skirt up where it wraps over the sill to where the doors shut,keep levering all the way down you will here each plastic stud click as it pops out. You might have a few screws at either end depending on age and model but thats about it!
Mine are off at the moment as i am doing a full respray D.I.Y style!! :eek:

I might be wrong on this but aren't the Rieger kits meant for pre facelift cars?

pluggers said:
I might be wrong on this but aren't the Rieger kits meant for pre facelift cars?

With the skirts removed, the bodywork is the same as pre-facelift.

Before you fit the new skirts, it would be wise to check the state of the underbody seal & re-paint if required (I did mine anyway - better now than later full of rust).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom