202 Bose Speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McGreggor

Car
CLS55 AMG
I've got a set of 202 Bose speakers for sale, can anyone tell me how much they're worth roughly? The are from my C43 which had the bose speaker upgrade from the factory. Also, is there any amp in the car somewhere?

2 subs on the rear shelf
2 rear door speakers
2 front speakers
2 Tweaters

They are without the plastic mountings though, not sure if the same plastic mounts will be on every 202?

Cheers in advance!

Last edited:
If you remove the lining from the back of the trunk, you should find the amp. I do not remember if it is laid on the floor or inclined on the left side.

jdr1000 said:
If you remove the lining from the back of the trunk, you should find the amp. I do not remember if it is laid on the floor or inclined on the left side.

I'll have a look later today, just wondering if that means any other 202 owner is going to need to wire amp to speakers themselves, or does the standard loom allow the amp to be installed?

Im almost certain that the Bose setup used fiber optic cable not standard copper cable. So I would assume that who ever upgrades their audio setup will have to do the recabling as well.

Alex

tinkypot said:
Im almost certain that the Bose setup used fiber optic cable not standard copper cable. So I would assume that who ever upgrades their audio setup will have to do the recabling as well.
It's copper.

The only fibre is between the headunit and the cd-changer.

also.... the wiring loom is of a much higher grade!!!

Koolvin said:
also.... the wiring loom is of a much higher grade!!!
Ahh, well that I didn't know.

The individual BOSE speakers are VERY expensive from the stealership. It is much cheaper to buy aftermarket speakers from some other brand, retrofitting BOSE is an expensive way to get pretty average sound, unless the speakers and other bits and pieces are very cheap second-hand.

not only a higer grade but also a heavier guage.

Koolvin said:
not only a higer grade but also a heavier guage.
I will look up the harness part number and price for a chuckle later :)

McGreggor said:
I've got a set of 202 Bose speakers for sale, can anyone tell me how much they're worth roughly? The are from my C43 which had the bose speaker upgrade from the factory. Also, is there any amp in the car somewhere?

2 subs on the rear shelf
2 rear door speakers
2 front speakers
2 Tweaters

They are without the plastic mountings though, not sure if the same plastic mounts will be on every 202?

Cheers in advance!

I might be interested if the price is right ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom