202 C55 update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nb_racing

Car
Golf TDi 170 commuter daily hack.
Hi,
I'd thought I'd come on here and give a quick update on my C43/55 as built and previously owned by Jack at PCS. I understand there was some general interest when the conversion was done so thought keep an update going.

A day at VMAX at Bruntingthorpe showed me what the car is capable of:- 0-60 in 4.9 and it topped out at 160.0mph, all recorded on a Vbox, and the top speed also recorded on GPS. I was hoping for a slightly higher topend, but as it has not been delimited and with a reported 20mph head wind on the day, I came away pretty happy.

Since then I've done a little tidying up. The car is very sound and solid so it's only little odd jobs that I've been doing.
I've fitted new front indicator units with chrome bulbs, and chrome repeater bulbs.
Fitted new wheel centre caps.
I've bought a replacement centre vent at the current one has fallen apart inside and upon inspection is broken.
The fuel filler flap used to graunch every time you locked or unlocked the car so I had the actuator out and cleaned it all up and lubricated it.
(And i've removed the annoying hands free bluetooth phone thing that used to beep at me all the time driving me nuts!)

Jobs on the list include:
4 wheel alignment after I get new dampers and front roll bar bushes;
LSD (deep breath to bring myself to buy one, but it so needs it..);
new leads;
Air filters (just because it's rude not too...)
New stereo with some decent speakers.
Paint front bumper, bonnet and grill, maybe..

Her she is now.

Nick.

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 142
Oh crap, sorry that picture is a bit big.. How do I delete it? I'll post a smaller one..
Sorry.:doh:

I haven't personally had it on the dyno but Jack did and it was somewhere in the region of 360bhp (the car has PCS decat) not sure of the torque. I may have it mapped and delimited at some point which would involve going on a dyno. At the moment my priorities are else where on the car!

A very nice C43 mate :D:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom