202 front brake pad change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, KTM 1290SAR, Superb 272 wagon
The C250 is due new front pads (and probably discs) very shortly. I've been reading through the Haynes manual just to see if there is anything unusual waiting to catch me out, and came across this.

Haynes advise that the lower guide pin on pre-facelift models is replaced with a new one. Does anyone know why? I've never had to routinely replace pins or bolts before when changing brake pads on any of my previous vehicles, and cannot see why it is required here provided the part is still in serviceable condition.

Can anyone provide any insight into this?

hi

15mm open ended spanner 13mm socket or spanner pin punch they recommend replacing the pin as parts of it is exposed to the elements and rust my form. it really depends on what yours looks like when it comes out. if rusty it will only be surface so a bit of wet and dry will get it off and leave smooth finish

When I replaced my pads and discs I did not replace that pin. The advice of the dealer was - if it isn't corroded then don't bother.

Very easy job to do about 45 mins to do each side (pads and disk change).Dont forget to buy some anti squeal grease at the same time about 80p packet.You will need 2 packets 1 for each side.

Sounds good to me...that's normally the basis I work on. Shouldn't be too much corrosion, this is the car's first proper winter exposure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom