202 Fuel Filter change + bracket tidy up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevesey

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa 156 1.8TS
Went out to do the fuel filter on my C240 this afternoon, I knew the mounting bracket had a lot of surface rust so was planning to slop waxoyl around; however realised it's quite easy to strip the whole mounting from the car, so got it all off and had a session of wire brushing (cordless drill) and painting. Took a couple of piccies along the way:

Bracketery halfway through the wire brushing:
I2.jpg

Bracketery after being sprayed with hamerite (some old dark green I had around) and then a coat of waxoyl:
I3.jpg

Filter was swapped while paint was drying and all re-installed. Well worth the extra time - if yours are rustry, next time you change the filter allow some extra time to sort the brackets out as well.

Nice job, and so easy if you need too change it again.'

I was thinking too that a thread should be started on boot locks, spraying them with PTFE or silicon inside and out before the battery threads come round again. Making sure that the key will open the boot

Nice job, and so easy if you need too change it again.'

I was thinking too that a thread should be started on boot locks, spraying them with PTFE or silicon inside and out before the battery threads come round again. Making sure that the key will open the boot
Plus the sticky on keys, W/S switch, ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom