202 suspension more comfortable than a CLK elegance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milnik

Car
clk 320
I need more comfort in my CLK due to the bad roads here. It is an elegance trim, but I've read that even that is tuned more sporty than the C class. Makes sense.

Since the suspension is largely the same, I wanted to ask if someone here has owned both 202 and 208 cars and can comment on the difference in ride quality. Maybe next time the suspension is due for an overhaul, I can get some C-class springs/shocks to reduce the harshness...

Thanks in advance and a happy new year!

I need more comfort in my CLK due to the bad roads here. It is an elegance trim, but I've read that even that is tuned more sporty than the C class. Makes sense.

Since the suspension is largely the same, I wanted to ask if someone here has owned both 202 and 208 cars and can comment on the difference in ride quality. Maybe next time the suspension is due for an overhaul, I can get some C-class springs/shocks to reduce the harshness...

Thanks in advance and a happy new year!
For what it’s worth we have winter wheels and tyres on our CLK elegance and the ride is definitely much softer than with the summer wheels. Last year we never actually changed to summer tyres..

for info the winter wheels are 16”, summer 17”. With the corresponding difference in tyre profiles as per the CLK handbook.

Hi
202 and 208 are the same suspension and parts.
To improve comfort is all down to the size of the wheels/tyres and springs and shocks.
Use standard spec springs, and Elegance shocks will give the most compliant ride.
As you have the Elegance suspension already I would be looking at smaller wheels with taller tyres.
If you go this route you will need to watch if the smaller wheel will go over your brakes.

Thanks guys for your inputs! The car is on 16s with good tyres. I don't think 15s will fit at all, it's tight.

I was looking at part numbers and noticed that the CLK shocks start with 208, and the springs with 210. Both C class parts start with 202. If the CLK is using springs from the W210 E class, would that mean said springs are stiffer, in order to support the much heavier car? Thus making the ride a bit crashy on the lighter CLK.

What a pickle, hopefully some suspension experts will shed light!

hi milnik you do know that some elegance clk especially if specced with 17 inch wheels are fitted with option 488 no cost sport tuned avantgarde suspension if you do a vin check you could find out for sure i had a 320 elegance and it was marshmallow soft my 430 avantgarde was stiffer but still fairly comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom