202 wont program throttle valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leechy

Hi

Bit strange this, I have a april 97 202 chassis 2020202f running hfm injection, the engine will start and run perfect but just will not rev up at all just missfires at approx 1500rpm, found the throttle valve not programmed tried to program it but it just wont program at all, so far it has had new ecu, air mass, throttle valve and k40/4, just started doing more tests and found that there is no 5v feed going to the throttle valve etc? all the wiring has been checked to and from the ecu to all sensors etc and this is fine

WHAT AM I MISSING LOL.....

Thanks

Lee

If there is no power from the CU to the throttle body unit then that suggests an ECU fault.

Worth checking with BBA reaman to see if it's either a known fault or one they can test and repair.

fault codes are

022 cc,efp actuator signals emergency mode

0127 llr and tpm/llr actuators mixed up

all the test steps basically say control unit, wiring, throttle valve it has had all of these

?????

fault codes are

all the test steps basically say control unit, wiring, throttle valve it has had all of these

?????

Did you clear the codes and try again ?

0127 is intake air temp sensors. It says they are mixed up. Check the wiring.

0022 is camshaft position bank 2. ??

all wiring has been checked, in fact i have also made up a new wiring loom for the throttle actuator, but where i should have a 5v signal ffrom the ecu, there is nothing at all, I have checked all the feed and earths including giving them a new feed/earth to the ecu, but there is no 5v output to the actuator,

Sounds like the ECU is duff then. Possibly had a short taken out the 5v.

Speak to BBA reman.

sounds daft but I am having the exact same problem with the brand new ecu as I was with the old one, same fault 2 ecus ????

Err, not that then.
must be a sensor input wrong or no power into the ECU on a correct pin.

there is only 2 feeds 1 ign, 1 perm, also 1 earth, I have tried all of them, also disconnected connector 2 on the ecu which is basically all the sensors on the engine side, and there is still no feed to the throttle valve even tried a ign switch, and 'hot wiring' the ecu so it has both perm feeds and a earth from the battery

Try this as it works sometimes. Take the thottle actuator off the car and remove the plastic end cap from it. Next very carefully clean the carbon track and contact fingers with a cotton bud . Refit the cover and try then to re-teach in the throttle. This worked for me.

helo, leechy have you found mercedes problem ? because i have exactly the same story and now i dont know what to change ....

Or maybe someone knows some ideas ?I cannot get rpm over 1500 its like limiter
faults

I have changed cables, ecu, cleaned throttle actuator, air mas meter, i found no 5v which must go to throttle, I have cheked all cables who go to ecu everything fine,
Car mb w210 e230 96year

ON electronic throttle cars the accelerator pedal is attached to a potentiometer that sends a signal to the ECU to indicate the position of the accelerator. Are you sure this functioning correctly? Its in the corner of the engine compartment up against the bulkhead .

Last edited:
In my mercedes there is no this potensiometer in that corner, acelerator cable go dircetly to throttle. This my car is half electronic acelarator. I think electronic acelerator works just on cruise control and to keep idle write. But something is wrong and jump to limp mode.....

Last edited:
Check on the opposite side on throttle of where the accelerator cable connects, there will be a potentiometer there.

i found this potentiometer and i check it its looks very nice and have no damage i check potentiometer also works just i dont know exactly resistance what must be , and problem is that its not coming 5volts to trothle.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom