2020/21 AMG Line Suede Interior - How does it hold up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeorgeC333

Car
VW Tiguan
Hi folks,

Just wanted to post this as I'm looking into getting a new company car soon and opting for a Merc.

I'm torn between the A 250e AMG Line because I LOVE the red stitching, grey leather interior and much prefer it over the standard all black/grey options in the CLA 250e.

I've seen loads of posts on here discussing suede coming up with funny white spots etc. but they all seem to be concerning models pre-2017 and cars that people (for whatever reason) haven't driven for a while or driven very infrequently. Has anyone had any experience with the newer models, have Mercedes fixed this issue at all? I'll only have the company car for about 3 years and it gets used on an almost daily basis so if it's something to only be concerned about much further down the line or if it's sat in a damp garage etc. I will most likely go for the A 250e with the grey suede seating.

Thanks.

It isn’t real suede, but you probably knew that. It’s to do with the glue allegedly, and I believe it’s fixed now. For what it’s worth, I think every one I have seen with the problem had been treated with the MB Starguard. If they try to upsell with that I’d leave it personally

Hi thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I gathered it wouldn't be real suede although I don't know what material it actually is.

Glad to hear it's been fixed, I'd read it had something to do with adhesive but wasn't sure if it was something they'd addressed properly. I hadn't heard of the MB Starguard but if it comes up I'll probably say no. Thanks man :)

I have the driver seat out of A250 in my van, it came out of a 5k mileage car and so far it's holding up quite well with 10k worth of van use ! (Although I have got a spare one in the shed just in case !)

I have an 11-year old Golf TDi that has about 80,000 miles on it. It’s had child seats in the back, my guitar rig and PA in the back for gigs and rehearsals, been to the tip numerous times, golf gear too from time to time. Basically it’s been a general workhorse for the ten-years we’ve had it. The Alcantara covering on the seats is not torn or excessively worn. Damp sponge and vac and it still comes up well.

It's quite hard wearing. Just needs a good clean with a vac and extractor and then some fabsil on top to keep it looking tip top

Awesome thanks guys much appreciated. Looks like the A250e it is - such a shame they don't offer the red stitching AMG line seats on the CLA or GLA models, as they'd look brilliant imo but hey ho, nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom