2020 A45 S Premium Plus !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Where do I start ?
Having owned a couple of V8 AMG`s over the years, I was always one of those that firmly believed that a `TRUE` AMG must be powered by a a big thumping V8...Minimum,. but,,,,,and this is a big but...

In 2015 I had one of the first A45 Petronas Edition Cars, and I have to say , I was bitterly disappointed. It looked great, being that it was MB/AMG first attempt at something in this market, but It had no soul, character, or even power to be honest, just a very boring and expensive little family hatch.

Bringing us up the present day.

Just bought the latest 2020 AMG A45 S after a very spirited test drive with the Indie Dealer that I know very well. What a machine !

All the misconceptions I had about what a `real` AMG should be has all gone out the window ! This thing oozes quality from front to back in terms of exterior design and the interior is better than anything I have EVER has before. In fact this interior is probably not far from what you would have got in an S63 just a couple of years ago ! The 421 hp 4 Pot Engine is an absolute Peach ! Coupled with their new 8 speed box presents breathtaking performance throughout the revs/gears ! If this is the future for 2.0 lt Turbo Engines, we are all in for a treat . It handles, turns, brakes, accelerates as good as any other German Sports car out there. Considering they are competing with the likes of Audi RS3 and BMW M2, in my opinion, they have left those marques for dead in every way. Ok some you will argue that you get a more `drivers` car with an M power BMW being RWD etc, but honestly, I dont care. Having fluctuated over the years between RWD and 4 Matic/Quattro cars I know what I prefer on slippy shitty British Roads.

Obviously I am gonna be bias being that is is my latest fad, but I just wondered if anyone on here has one, and what their thoughts are ?

By the way, Its good to be back ! is Gary Fizzle still kicking about on here ?

Good write up, definitely your AMG A45s is a true AMG, and as you say looks, drives and goes, fantastic, and as for the interior that really is something else!
Enjoy your new motor, I'm sure you will. :) 👍

The new A45 S is an absolute beast.

Just bought one as a run around for some fun.

Love the Performance seats 😍😍

is the stitching yellow too?

Steve, that is a truly amazing car. This is going to be more than your latest fad :)
Have a great time with it & enjoy

Yes , and around the dash and door panels too . 👍
Nice looking car, well done. As you have experience of AWD/Quattro would you say the new A45S drives like a "permanent" four wheel drive car or does it tend towards feeling like a front wheel driver until it needs traction at the back? I ask because I've some recent experience trying a BMW M135i Xdrive and that feels very front wheel biased until you give it some, which feels a bit odd to me. Interested to know what other owners think as well. Thanks. David

Here you go guys.....

I've recently been looking at the A Class as buying an older AMG as a winter car for someone and the current shape looks amazing, especially in black.

Nice looking car, well done. As you have experience of AWD/Quattro would you say the new A45S drives like a "permanent" four wheel drive car or does it tend towards feeling like a front wheel driver until it needs traction at the back? I ask because I've some recent experience trying a BMW M135i Xdrive and that feels very front wheel biased until you give it some, which feels a bit odd to me. Interested to know what other owners think as well. Thanks. David
Oddly enough , it actually feels more like a RWD with assisted front end . It is literally on rails mate .

Oddly enough , it actually feels more like a RWD with assisted front end . It is literally on rails mate .
Thanks. Interesting. If we get out of lockdown I may try one.

Thanks. Interesting. If we get out of lockdown I may try one.
Why wait ? The Indies are open for business ....

Why wait ? The Indies are open for business ....
Not much point at the minute. I bought two new cars in March last year (ordered before lockdown) and they haven't gone anywhere in nearly a year (1,500 miles). I'll probably go new, so anything will just sit mostly unused but depreciating. I also want to try a few back to back, as similar to you I've always been with V8's. Like your choice though, keep us posted.

Not much point at the minute. I bought two new cars in March last year (ordered before lockdown) and they haven't gone anywhere in nearly a year (1,500 miles). I'll probably go new, so anything will just sit mostly unused but depreciating. I also want to try a few back to back, as similar to you I've always been with V8's. Like your choice though, keep us posted.
Fair doos . I am still driving 15 k miles per year , to and from my office and weekend running around . Still getting out in my R8 now and then . They aint stopping me living my life ...

Glad to hear that the new A45 is a better car. I briefly owned a 65 plate fully loaded A45 and it was hands down THE worst car I ever owned. Just a massive overpriced con and deeply flawed and frustrating. In the end I looked for excuses NOT to drive it. If I hadnt needed the resale money (and I took a bath) I would have happily paid to see it crushed or just set it on fire and danced around it. Lost my faith in AMG for a while but now happily restored in the fire breathing E63S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom