2020 C Class Coupe AMG Line - Apple Carplay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m11rphy

Car
C Class
Hi All,

I'm about to order a 2020 C Class Coupe AMG Line and this model comes with Audio 20 and SD Nav, it does not have the command system fitted. As such I believe this means the car wont come with Apple Carplay which we really want, is it possible to add this functionality via a 3rd party? Everything I have googled seems to relate to cars up to 2018

As far as I know. As of the 2019 facelift, the W205 has native support for Apple CarPlay on both COMAND and Audio20. That said, Apple CarPlay is still an option that needs to be ticked, i.e. it does not come with the car by default. I suggest that you have a chat with the dealer and check if the car has Apple CarPlay, and if not, what is involved in adding it. Alternatively talk to www.comandonline.co.uk who will be able to activate Apple CarPlay for your car, if it didn't come with it.

(W205 is the code designation for the current C-Class, or rather C205 in your case as your car is a Coupe)

As far as I know. As of the 2019 facelift, the W205 has native support for Apple CarPlay on both COMAND and Audio20. That said, Apple CarPlay is still an option that needs to be ticked, i.e. it does not come with the car by default. I suggest that you have a chat with the dealer and check if the car has Apple CarPlay, and if not, what is involved in adding it. Alternatively talk to www.comandonline.co.uk who will be able to activate Apple CarPlay for your car, if it didn't come with it.
In the brochure it says smart phone integration is only available with the command system, I did ask one dealer and he didn't know. Im looking to order direct from a leasing company

In the brochure it says smart phone integration is only available with the command system, I did ask one dealer and he didn't know. Im looking to order direct from a leasing company

Smartphone Integration might not be the same as Apple CarPlay (or Android Auto). I think it may refer to MB's traditional Universal Media Interface (UMI) which is fitted to cars equipped with COMAND and allows you to play your music and control your phone via the car's infotainment system and steering wheel controls etc. But please clarify this with the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom