2020 CLA180 (C118) wanting to tune the engine

• Thread starter Deleted member 159322
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159322

Hi guys.
Hopefully I wont get any sarcasm on this one 🤣😱

Was looking into a product called bluefin which plugs into the ODB port and let's you upload a performance file which overrides the existing ecu file (i think)
If I wanted to put the car back to stock I can easily do so too just by plugging the device into the OBD port and upload the stock file.
If I had to take the car in for service or handing the car back.

Unfortunetly They haven't got one for my vehicle yet.

Then found race chip tuning box - seemed a perfect product but don't like the idea that the car display will still only show 133bhp as this device basically just manipulates the sensors
And the fact is, i would not know what increase bhp / torque i get as they say upto 30% increase and i would be able to tell the difference in power when driving!!
Its not money well spent if I only get an increase of 5% let's say! I would be cheesed of !

Now finally came across a product by #satuning sounds like the perfect product - works very similar to the bluefin product

BUT they haven't got one for my vehicle yet!! Its been nearly 2 years since the (c118) have been out.

Any body know of any tuning company that do a product just like satuning
And is reputable
or a device that I can do very easily to put back to stock ?

Would really much appreciate.

A proper rolling road based remap from a reputable company will always give the best results, but if you are looking at the 'tuning box' option, have you checked out Racechip?
Engine performance tuning by the global market leader
or
DTUK
MERCEDES-BENZ CLA 180, 136PS/100kW, 1332 ccm - DTUK Performance tuning box CLA (C118) from 2019 onwards
despite the company name, they do petrol tuning also.
Stating the obvious, but whatever you decide to go for, as with all mods, don't forget to inform your insurance company.

A proper rolling road based remap from a reputable company will always give the best results, but if you are looking at the 'tuning box' option, have you checked out Racechip?
Engine performance tuning by the global market leader
or
DTUK
MERCEDES-BENZ CLA 180, 136PS/100kW, 1332 ccm - DTUK Performance tuning box CLA (C118) from 2019 onwards
despite the company name, they do petrol tuning also.
Stating the obvious, but whatever you decide to go for, as with all mods, don't forget to inform your insurance company.

Hi

Yes as per my first post I've come across racechip and the way it works and the mbux still only showing 133bhp is not really appealing.

Not got much info on the dtuk box but the way it looks interms of build quality and design it looks like its a product of alibaba!!!

I assume this box works in the same way as racechips manipulating the sensors - so in theory this again would show stock bhp and torque figures on the mbux system display

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom