2020 E Class Coupe - Spec Options Restricted by MB UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
.................Base Ghibli £52,885 330bhp 3 litre V6 petrol..................

That information is not accurate.

You compared them.....not me. The Maserati is supposedly in a different league of upmarket car and not something like a MB that every Tom, **** and Harry drives these days. It is like complaining that Porche or Ferrari has more options than MB.

Never mind about various factions taking over the world - Marketing leave them well behind! I swear a good percentage of issues are down to Marketing related factors. Even the media are a form of Marketing in a manner of speaking - in summary, "p&ss on your shoes and tell you it's raining"

That information is not accurate.

You compared them.....not me. The Maserati is supposedly in a different league of upmarket car and not something like a MB that every Tom, **** and Harry drives these days. It is like complaining that Porche or Ferrari has more options than MB.
Woah there. You’re the one who compared the base models. All I was saying is that Maserati offer a choice of ten different coloured interiors, seemingly no matter in which country you’re buying. Meanwhile Mercedes UK restrict the choices of many models to black, even though there‘s mostly a choice at the factory.

Woah there. You’re the one who compared the base models. All I was saying is that Maserati offer a choice of ten different coloured interiors, seemingly no matter in which country you’re buying. Meanwhile Mercedes UK restrict the choices of many models to black, even though there‘s mostly a choice at the factory.
My mistake.

I was keenly awaiting the release of the facelift E Class Coupe. But I’m disappointed by the restrictions MB UK have made to the specification options:
  • Premium Plus package (which includes the vital Distronic adaptive cruise control) can only be optioned if you also select the Night Edition. While it’s a matter of taste, personally I’m not a fan of the night pack.
  • If you’re ok with the night pack you get 20” rims, but no opportunity to add air suspension to improve the ride quality - unless you go for the E53 4matic.
  • No option for Head Up Display - but it’s available in other markets.
Why do MB UK do this? The factory is set up to add a wide variety of options.

Anyway, they’ve lost a sale.

Readers of this thread may remember my disappointment in the way MB UK restrict options on new cars. So much so that I decided my current car was a keeper.

Well, she's now 7 years old and, as a birthday treat, her paintwork has been machine polished and given a ceramic coat. Looks just like new.

View attachment 110022

View attachment 110023

View attachment 110024

View attachment 110025

Thanks MB UK - you've saved me a packet! (Never thought you'd see those words in the same sentence!)

I can‘t see any of those photos unfortunately.

Sorry - I'm having difficulty uploading pics. Last try.....
Merc
Got them. That’s stunning. I would say it looks better than new.

I’ve been considering the same treatment. Your photos have swayed me even more.

Got them. That’s stunning. I would say it looks better than new.

I’ve been considering the same treatment. Your photos have swayed me even more.
I'm not a detailing expert but it was a 4 stage paint correction machine polish followed by G-Techniq Crystal Serum Light ceramic and Exo hydrophobic coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom