2020 E Class Coupe - Spec Options Restricted by MB UK

Rorywquin

MB Enthusiast
Car
From new SL400 2017
.................Base Ghibli £52,885 330bhp 3 litre V6 petrol..................

That information is not accurate.

You compared them.....not me. The Maserati is supposedly in a different league of upmarket car and not something like a MB that every Tom, **** and Harry drives these days. It is like complaining that Porche or Ferrari has more options than MB.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 BlueEfficiency
Never mind about various factions taking over the world - Marketing leave them well behind! I swear a good percentage of issues are down to Marketing related factors. Even the media are a form of Marketing in a manner of speaking - in summary, "p&ss on your shoes and tell you it's raining"

knighterrant

Banned
Car
2012 C350 Sport with M276 engine
That information is not accurate.

You compared them.....not me. The Maserati is supposedly in a different league of upmarket car and not something like a MB that every Tom, **** and Harry drives these days. It is like complaining that Porche or Ferrari has more options than MB.
Woah there. You’re the one who compared the base models. All I was saying is that Maserati offer a choice of ten different coloured interiors, seemingly no matter in which country you’re buying. Meanwhile Mercedes UK restrict the choices of many models to black, even though there‘s mostly a choice at the factory.

Rorywquin

MB Enthusiast
Car
From new SL400 2017
Woah there. You’re the one who compared the base models. All I was saying is that Maserati offer a choice of ten different coloured interiors, seemingly no matter in which country you’re buying. Meanwhile Mercedes UK restrict the choices of many models to black, even though there‘s mostly a choice at the factory.
My mistake.

OP
OP
Handydave

Handydave

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes E220 CDI Coupe - Palladium Silver
I was keenly awaiting the release of the facelift E Class Coupe. But I’m disappointed by the restrictions MB UK have made to the specification options:
  • Premium Plus package (which includes the vital Distronic adaptive cruise control) can only be optioned if you also select the Night Edition. While it’s a matter of taste, personally I’m not a fan of the night pack.
  • If you’re ok with the night pack you get 20” rims, but no opportunity to add air suspension to improve the ride quality - unless you go for the E53 4matic.
  • No option for Head Up Display - but it’s available in other markets.
Why do MB UK do this? The factory is set up to add a wide variety of options.

Anyway, they’ve lost a sale.

Readers of this thread may remember my disappointment in the way MB UK restrict options on new cars. So much so that I decided my current car was a keeper.

Well, she's now 7 years old and, as a birthday treat, her paintwork has been machine polished and given a ceramic coat. Looks just like new.

View attachment 110022

View attachment 110023

View attachment 110024

View attachment 110025

Thanks MB UK - you've saved me a packet! (Never thought you'd see those words in the same sentence!)

OP
OP
Handydave

Handydave

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes E220 CDI Coupe - Palladium Silver
Got them. That’s stunning. I would say it looks better than new.

I’ve been considering the same treatment. Your photos have swayed me even more.
I'm not a detailing expert but it was a 4 stage paint correction machine polish followed by G-Techniq Crystal Serum Light ceramic and Exo hydrophobic coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom