2020 E Class Coupe. Virtually no options ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
I've just had a browse through the online brochure and it would appear that the only options are engine size,colour and upholstery. Base model is now "Premium" and then , surprise surprise , "Night Edition Premium Plus ".
Base price for an E220d Coupe is now £44260.00. N E P Plus adds Pano Roof, Burmester, Keyless Go and 20" alloys for £2645.00 which isn't too expensive.
No more Rubellite Red or that odd shade of green ,the light gold and surprisingly no Brilliant Blue. Odd inclusion is non metallic Black.

I wonder if this is going to be the same for all models in the future ?? Should make delivery times a lot shorter, you can virtually pick one off the shelf.

Last edited:
I think it is something to do with the new fuel consumption tests which require virtually every configuration to be tested. There is the Driving Assistance Package as an option btw.

I noticed this was the case with Lexus when I was considering one last year.

The GS was at the end of its production and to be replaced by the ES to align their range globally I think it was.

Anyway, the choices available on the ES were much reduced overall the original choices of the GS.

In fact you could only get the best sound system, for example, on the highest model (Takumi) and nothing else whereas previously it was available on most of the lower order.

To be fair, there weren't a lot of options on the GS in the end so it does seem like manufacturers are streamlining what is available.

I s'pose it's not a bad thing for those buying used - at least you know what a particular specification will have without having to investigate.

Have a look at Tesla, 5 colours, 2 interiors and 3 powertrains, that's your lot

Colour wise the options on the latest Audi A6 were massively limited. No bright colours. One deep blue and the rest were shades of black, grey and white. so we went for grey. Inspired! I’d have loved a deep red. But no option!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom