2020 MBUX Fail!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kadzAMG

Car
CLA 220d AMG PREM+
So picked up my brand new 2020 CLA 220d AMG Premium Plus in July. After 3k miles only, I noticed on Wednesday that my Center MBUX screen was failing to boot (not getting past the Mercedes Benz logo). This meant No Nav, No Radio, No Heater controls, Traffic Cameras, Parking sensors nothing!!! Took it to MB Watford for a diagnosis and they said apparently it wouldnt even take a software update as the MBUX control unit has been fried?!

On top of that apparently there isnt a spare unit IN THE WHOLE OF EUROPE for me to replace mine so MB Watford gave me my car back said we’ll give you a call when we know more. I cannot believe this is the “Mercedes Experience”!! So now I am driving around in silence, with no maps, heater controls and driving assistance until MB pull their finger out. Very very annoyed.
This is just a heads up just incase any one else goes through this, be prepared for a long silent wait in your new car.

Attachments

• E7F3BF15-AB02-4FD0-A9AF-0E17D42EA68A.jpeg
    E7F3BF15-AB02-4FD0-A9AF-0E17D42EA68A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
Not from dealer mate. They said its a 6-week lead time for an available hire car. Luckily, this car is under the Mercedes employee NELS scheme so they are providing me a replacement tomorrow, Thank god. However if i was a general member of public I wonder how much the dealer really cared, more non-chalant if anything! Shocking

Not from dealer mate. They said its a 6-week lead time for an available hire car. Luckily, this car is under the Mercedes employee NELS scheme so they are providing me a replacement tomorrow, Thank god. However if i was a general member of public I wonder how much the dealer really cared, more non-chalant if anything! Shocking
Are you a Mercedes employee, or a family member?

Is it specific to the MB employee lease? Or would the same apply to any lease - given that as credit providers the finance company are jointly liable?

Is it specific to the MB employee lease? Or would the same apply to any lease - given that as credit providers the finance company are jointly liable?
Wouldnt be too sure on that either. But the guy in service pretty much said because it was still driveable i’ll just have to deal with it until a new MBUX head unit gets sent to europe. Really lost the trust factor there to be honest.

Wouldnt be too sure on that either. But the guy in service pretty much said because it was still driveable i’ll just have to deal with it until a new MBUX head unit gets sent to europe. Really lost the trust factor there to be honest.
Hopefully the new part will arrive soon and all will be well. Don’t let it it put you off.

PS Pray for the warmest winter on record!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom