2020 Six nations rugby

• Thread starter Deleted member 6183
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Lets have some rugby chat, day one today and Wales beat a lacklustre Italy, looking forward to the rest of the tournament.

Wales should have beaten Italy more convincingly even though they have a new coach
Ireland were average and if Scotland hadn’t of dropped the ball in the last minute it would have been a draw.

I know it was a win but they were playing Italy at the end of the day, who despite there enthusiasm are a poor team.
I just think Wales missed opportunities and made mistakes which better teams would have taken advantage of.
Don’t get me wrong it was a good afternoon of Rugby.

Italy started very well and showed ambition but made too many handling errors.
Wales not tested at all, but did all they were asked. They got a win and a bonus point. A good start for the new coach.
Excellent pass from Biggar (ala Carlos Spencer) for one of Josh Adams tries.
Ireland will be a far bigger test, especially at the Aviva stadium but I fancy Wales can win it.

Ireland somewhat fortunate to beat Scotland who should have scored through Hogg. Scotland showed they are not going to be a pushover and played the better rugby today. Giving away too many penalties and losing turnover ball was their undoing. A much better game for the neutral spectator IMO.

Looking forward to tomorrows game in Paris. France have the backs to really upset England and I don't go along with the favourite tag for this 6 Nations. If England can recapture the form that saw them beat NZ and Ireland last year then I'll be happy.

Eddie Jones again causing armchair fans to wonder why he is picking players out of position. Tom Curry, best English openside for years is now moved to 8 instead of Eddie calling up a true 8 in place of injured BV. He picks a lock in the back row which time and time again has been proven not to work. And when will he blood a new scrum half. Both 9's in the squad won't be at the next RWC so get someone on the bench to get international experience.
Rant over:D

Last edited:
Italy started very well and showed ambition but made too many handling errors.
Wales not tested at all, but did all they were asked. They got a win and a bonus point. A good start for the new coach.
Excellent pass from Biggar (ala Carlos Spencer) for one of Josh Adams tries.
Ireland will be a far bigger test, especially at the Aviva stadium but I fancy Wales can win it.

Ireland somewhat fortunate to beat Scotland who should have scored through Hogg. Scotland showed they are not going to be a pushover and played the better rugby today. Giving away too many penalties and losing turnover ball was their undoing. A much better game for the neutral spectator IMO.

Looking forward to tomorrows game in Paris. France have the backs to really upset England and I don't go along with the favourite tag for this 6 Nations. If England can recapture the form that saw them beat NZ and Ireland last year then I'll be happy.

Eddie Jones again causing armchair fans to wonder why he is picking players out of position. Tom Curry, best English openside for years is now moved to 8 instead of Eddie calling up a true 8 in place of injured BV. He picks a lock in the back row which time and time again has been proven not to work. And when will he blood a new scrum half. Both 9's in the squad won't be at the next RWC so get someone on the bench to get international experience.
Rant over:D

Not to mention England playing 2 second string props, too.

I was wondering yesterday if it’s worth keeping Italy in the tournament, it’s a shame but they don’t appear to bring much to it.

I was wondering yesterday if it’s worth keeping Italy in the tournament, it’s a shame but they don’t appear to bring much to it.
I’m sure I read somewhere a while ago that Georgia were going to replace Italy.

From what I’m watching at the moment maybe England should pull out and let Georgia in!!
Formidable, or in French, erm...

Why oh why didn’t England sign Shaun Edwards. I’m sorry to say but I hope England loose. Eddie Jones doesn’t look so cocky now.

Well deserved win for France. No complaints, except for EJ's strange selection policy.
Scotland could turn us over next week too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom