2020 w205 C Class - Carplay - mbenzcoder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apinnard

Car
C220d
Hello everybody.

I have a W205 facelift 2020 model with Audio 20, widescreen and Mercedes SD card satnav. Codes are 506, 868, 355.

I have two usb ports, one has the Carplay symbol but the car did not come with the smartphone integration package.

I have seen mbenzcoder.com now do a device that will allegedly enable Carplay on my model, C class facelift. Is it too good to be true? Has anybody tried it?

Cheers

Welcome.

The OBDII hacks upload a modified version of the Audio20 firmware, replacing the installed version.

They do work (if you are not bothered by the legal side - it's basically pirated, because Apple don't get their royalties from MB).

The two potential issues are (a) the car is under warranty, and next time it is serviced the dealer might perform a firmware upgrade which will overwrite the hacked version and Apple CarPlay will be lost, and (b) the device and code are of unknown quality, and so if something goes wrong and you end-up bricking the Audio20 unit, the warranty won't cover it.

If you want to add Apple CarPlay the legal (and safe) way, talk to Alfie and Richard at www.comandonline.co.uk, the Apple CarPlay activation that they offer is 100% legit and done 'by the book' and your new car warranty won't be affected.

Reactions: CJD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom