2021 E63 AMG revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Not sure if I like this facelift or the current W213 E63. Hopefully, like the W205 it will grow on me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think it has followed on nicely.

I quite like the 'Christine' grilles Merc are using now on the high performance models.

I prefer the look of the pre-facelift at the moment.

The front lights are not aggressive-enough on the facelift.

I cannot abide that grille. Just doesn't look like a Mercedes grille but I appreciate it's all down to personal taste.

Looks great except for the audi rear lights. Estate manages to keep the cool lights

I’m sure it’ll grow on me but my first instinct is to say it’s probably the first E-Class facelift I can recall that hasn’t looked better than the pre-facelift (only just, mind)

I love it. But I am saddened by the knowledge that it's a melting ice cube - even with AMG engines becoming smaller and smaller and thus less polluting.

Making an AMG EV is easy, the question is how do you market it? With the Tesla Model S P100D doing 0-60 in 2.28 seconds, selling an AMG EV on performance alone will be difficult. Also, it will be difficult to beat Tesla on the electronic gadgety side. Handling? Sure, the Tesla is a barge, but can AMG build a market share purely on that? It remains to be seen...

I love it. But I am saddened by the knowledge that it's a melting ice cube - even with AMG engines becoming smaller and smaller and thus less polluting.

Making an AMG EV is easy, the question is how do you market it? With the Tesla Model S P100D doing 0-60 in 2.28 seconds, selling an AMG EV on performance alone will be difficult. Also, it will be difficult to beat Tesla on the electronic gadgety side. Handling? Sure, the Tesla is a barge, but can AMG build a market share purely on that? It remains to be seen...

I would think AMG will need to play on brand, innovation (as seen in the S Class) and handling to surpass Tesla.

I'm interested to see what the manufacturers will bring out over the next few years and how this plays out.

Handling has always BMW’s wheel house, only in the last few years hasn’t it evened out. AMGs were always the European muscle car... but they’re all going to be doing 2 second 0-60 soon enough. Who cares at that point.

I would think AMG will need to play on brand, innovation (as seen in the S Class) and handling to surpass Tesla.

I'm interested to see what the manufacturers will bring out over the next few years and how this plays out.
I would imagine, AMG might take a similar approach as Porsche have with the Taycan. Consistently and repeatedly very, very fast, rather than sometimes very, very, very fast. Not a criticism of Tesla, just a different design brief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom