2021 S63 coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
I was talking to MB about a brand spanking new S63 coupe and they said it will take a while because thre is no stock of the config i was looking for. She also said there is a new model of this car next year :eek:

Well now they are saying no more A,B, CLA, GLA, GLB, GT63S and they will focus on luxury. I doubt that means SL and S-class only?

Well now they are saying no more A,B, CLA, GLA, GLB, GT63S and they will focus on luxury. I doubt that means SL and S-class only?
No more A class? That sounds like a very bold move. It has transformed the brand.

Hi , I saw a Toyota yesterday that just looked like an A class.

No more A class? That sounds like a very bold move. It has transformed the brand.
Theres lots of it but obviously all those models ocmbined still make up only 25% of the ocmpany revenue. So MB needs to go back to people that have money :d

Theres lots of it but obviously all those models ocmbined still make up only 25% of the ocmpany revenue. So MB needs to go back to people that have money :d
Can’t they continue to do both? A-Class buyers of today are G/GT/S-Class buyers of the future.

The MB strategy does point to a move away from some models and in particular to a strong focus on EVs:

“Our strategy is designed to avoid non-core activities to focus on winning where it matters: dedicated electric vehicles and proprietary car software. We will take action on structural costs, target strong and sustained profitability. With this new strategy we are announcing our clear commitment to the full electrification of our product portfolio and our determination to ensure the business is fully carbon-neutral, in line with our Ambition 2039 target.”

Mercedes-Benz Strategy | Investors Conference | Daimler

I was talking to MB about a brand spanking new S63 coupe and they said it will take a while because thre is no stock of the config i was looking for. She also said there is a new model of this car next year :eek:
As far as I'm aware, the S Class Coupe has been superseded by the AMG GT Coupe, in either 2 or 4 door variants and is therefore no longer being built.

Mine (late 2019/2020MY) is one of the last ones and, as such, suffered a little with the lack of availability of certain bits. Oh, and it took 5 months from the initial order to delivery, so don't hold your breath if you do manage to pin one down.

As far as I'm aware, the S Class Coupe has been superseded by the AMG GT Coupe, in either 2 or 4 door variants and is therefore no longer being built.

Mine (late 2019/2020MY) is one of the last ones and, as such, suffered a little with the lack of availability of certain bits. Oh, and it took 5 months from the initial order to delivery, so don't hold your breath if you do manage to pin one down.
I am not 100% sure about getting an S63 anymore. They are great cars however I would love a hybrid for city driving because I am doing 4 miles to the gallon even with start/stop in zone 1 London. I like the AMG GT63s but in Mercedes-Benz's owns words it's not an S-Class. There's a market gap they aren't filling.

The MB strategy does point to a move away from some models and in particular to a strong focus on EVs:

“Our strategy is designed to avoid non-core activities to focus on winning where it matters: dedicated electric vehicles and proprietary car software. We will take action on structural costs, target strong and sustained profitability. With this new strategy we are announcing our clear commitment to the full electrification of our product portfolio and our determination to ensure the business is fully carbon-neutral, in line with our Ambition 2039 target.”

Mercedes-Benz Strategy | Investors Conference | Daimler
@SW18 @Riva811 Yes, looking through their slide deck from October 2020, it points the way to a different future for them

Slide 9 Luxury is where we belong, and luxury is where the growth is - That's where they show the number of people in the world (2019 vs 2030) who have private investable assets of at least $250,000 (China will have the largest rise percentage wise in terms of number of people, vs USA/Western Europe)

Slide 14 We will focus on profitable growth - Rethink volume ambitions profitability first

Slides 26,28,29 - Growth of Maybach, G class and AMG models (electrified)

Slide 34 - Still significant profit growth ahead (in service and parts business) - I reckon they will find a way to make servicing even more expensive!

Slide 41 - We will rapidly expand our portfolio of luxury xEVs We will build the world‘s most desirable electric cars

Slide 45 - They do show an A class, but it's part of a slide showing how PHEVs will support reaching CO2 targets

Slide 46 - Dedicated compact and mid-size electric platform (MMA) - sounds like that maybe smaller A/C class type EV cars from 2025 onwards

Slide 38 when talking about MMA based EV cars - Luxury: aiming to offer best noise and comfort in the industry

Slide 62-64 MB will have their own brand new operating system called MB.OS - looks like more connectivity, more digital features and a reason to increase prices of new cars!

Yup and the complaint from dealerships once again is that they have so many SUVs and so many coupe that keep competing between them. I never understood why the AMG GT was created when the SL was already available to improve upon.

Yup and the complaint from dealerships once again is that they have so many SUVs and so many coupe that keep competing between them. I never understood why the AMG GT was created when the SL was already available to improve upon.
The GT was created because it appeals to different people than the SL. The two cars did not compete when new. It was also created to be a (social media and press friendly) halo car, and importantly provided the basis of the GT3/4 racing cars.

That’s the reason I bought my 2019 C217 560, I must admit that I am typical a S Class customer. I bought mine knowing that it had been dropped by MB. Mine had 1200 miles on the clock, I thought it was new in the showroom. So getting it at £50k below list was a no brainier.

It's because MB have finally run out of letters in the Alphabet and are having to start again 😂🤣😂🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom