2021 W223 S-Class - Fully Uncovered - Full Interior shots Released on Page 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was always going to be an uphill struggle replacing the W222 because - from a design point of view - it was pretty much flawless from front to back.

It does look uncannily like the A8 though, from the headlights to the grille down to the chrome strip along the boot.

None of that is necessarily bad per se but you’d think Mercedes would have wanted their flagship to not be as “samey” as it’s competitors.

Loads of lovely lcd screens in there. Must save car manufacturers loads of money not having to make analogue controls/dials.

Saw a W222 next to a new A8 at the lights recently. The W222 just looked so much more elegant and luxurious from the back, lights etc are brilliant and the Audi was so bland and basic, could have been a 2000s Octavia.

This W223 has gone way towards looking like the A8 from the back sadly.

It’s to please the Chinese market who love the big grilles. You will never see more SClass as you do there.

I wonder if the current big mouth bass trend is to try to make "ordinary" cars look more like SUVs

Stick On I-Pads R Us...

Sad, but inevitable. I'm a traditionalist old git :D

I agree to an extent, although those look better than many. One thing I really like about my Audi A6 is the retractable screen - makes the ones in the current C-class (for example) look horribly cheap and nasty.

Saw a W222 next to a new A8 at the lights recently. The W222 just looked so much more elegant and luxurious from the back, lights etc are brilliant and the Audi was so bland and basic, could have been a 2000s Octavia.

This W223 has gone way towards looking like the A8 from the back sadly.
I can't get S-class, because it would just give wrong impression, but A8 blends nicely and no one cares about it. Regarding huge screens, I don't think I will get modern Mercedes any time soon.

Reactions: 219
Without a badge I would have thought it is something else. It's like a Frankenstein type of a car, front BMW+Audi, rear Audi+Kia mixed. And those touch screens at the front, at the back, like driving an iPad. It's ludicrous that MB is making something like that. I don't like it at all.

Reactions: 219
The market that buys an Sclass is normally 60 years plus. They will struggle with all this space ship tech. They have struggled since the W140.

The market that buys an Sclass is normally 60 years plus. They will struggle with all this space ship tech. They have struggled since the W140.
I was 28 when I got my first S Class ( W116 ) , 50's when I got my three W126s , and 62 when I got my W140 ; I don't find it at all challenging , nor the few W220 and one 221 I've driven .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom