2021 W223 S-Class - Fully Uncovered - Full Interior shots Released on Page 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was 28 when I got my first S Class ( W116 ) , 50's when I got my three W126s , and 62 when I got my W140 ; I don't find it at all challenging , nor the few W220 and one 221 I've driven .
Yeah, you keep saying how much you love all the new tech don't you?

Touchscreens is a backwards step IMO. At least they have left some real buttons, hopefully for basic functions.
If a physical button goes, one function cannot work. If the screen goes, nothing works.Given that my 202 and 124 switches worked perfectly for 20/15 years, I remain to be convinced that it is an improvement.

I was 28 when I got my first S Class ( W116 ) , 50's when I got my three W126s , and 62 when I got my W140 ; I don't find it at all challenging , nor the few W220 and one 221 I've driven .
Yes but that’s you Derek. There are many many Sclass owners with W222s I know who are baffled with all the tech.

I prefer my W222 S Class, More elegant, not too modern and doesn't look like an Audi A8. Mercedes sadly making models that look like each other for e.g. the new CLA and CLS

W222 Wins my vote

I don’t think much of the mats 😄

S-Class Digital unveiled.

Augmented reality HUD :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2021-mercedes-s-class-with-mbux.jpg

2021-mercedes-s-class-with-mbux.jpg

Interesting noone on here seem to give a *^%$ about this :)

They will have glasses free 3D screens (like the Nintendo 3DS) which can be turned off.

They will have glasses free 3D screens (like the Nintendo 3DS) which can be turned off.

Or at least no one is commenting who may do!

I'm following the 223 as I love the S Class.

I don't give a flying about HUD if I am honest but I do like the looks of it from the impressions I've seen on Google - although I love the 222 still.

I remember first seeing the "Tesla Tablet" arrangement up the centre console about 2 or 3 years ago and I wasn't sure then and am still not sure now. Time will tell.

I think they are introducing an "AirMATIC MBC" this time around IIRC (so the MBC system, being a successor to ABC, but running on air).

I imagine that ride will be glass smooth as MBC is incredible.

I know the facelift 222s got mild hybrid inclusions so will be interested to see the line up of models on the 223 at launch.

Quite interesting.

Found also this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

New key fob design for the W223. What do you think?
I think I prefer the previous fob.

xGdZ5akl.jpg

Go Mercedes, im not really a fan of all touchscreen interiors, but always having the heating controls in the same place on all screens is an excellent idea. you dont have to go through 15 screens like on other cars.

Whilst it's glittering eye candy on the interior, from a safety view (and a view that has been expressed a few times by others on this forum) trying to jab on a touch screen three times in exactly the right spot to turn the temperature up or down 3 degrees, or fans up 3 notches, or whatever, is tantamount to using a smartphone whilst driving. In terms of safety, I think that setup is a massive step backwards from something individual and tactile for controls that ought to reasonably be required on the go. I'm fine with it if it is disabled on the go, or if voice only control is enabled on the go (maybe it is).
Still eye candy interior though.

dash vents look out of place - similar to ones in the GLE

I will start the hate tsunami, looks shit. :p W222 fixed things with the 2018 facelift but this is really bad. Its an A-class exterior with more silver chromes and the interior doesnt make me feel like i stepped into a lounge at all. I might change my mind when I see it up close
To add more insult, that steering wheel looks so classy yet the rest of the interior lacks a lot of class.

There are more buttons on that steering wheel than I had in total on the dash of my first car....

And as for that poo brown interior....not a fan....

Looking at that awfully large grille I can see a likeness with the new E-class, although 'obviously' the E-class is more subtle :)

E class.jpg

If a physical button goes, one function cannot work. If the screen goes, nothing works.Given that my 202 and 124 switches worked perfectly for 20/15 years, I remain to be convinced that it is an improvement.
And think of all the finger prints! It’s bad enough keeping the black ash print free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom