2022 C class: is manual shifting still possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gnominateur

Car
Mecerdes C300d (W205)
In the previous versions of the MBUX, it was possible to customise the Individual (I) driving programme and set the gear shifting to manual, so you could have an accessible means for driving the car as a manual. In the 2022 version (at least on the C class which I have), this option appears to be gone.

You can still go into the customisation and toggle the shifting to manual, but it resets back to automatic as soon as the car is off, making it very difficult to switch the car into manual mode for times when you prefer doing so.

I wonder if I'm missing something here, or this is just a software defect that will be fixed in a future update or if manual shifting is gone for good?

Edited to add:
this is an AMG Line spec, so it has paddle shifters.

Do the paddle shifters not over ride whatever setting you have selected for the gearbox allowing you to just use the paddles to change gear manually?

Do the paddle shifters not over ride whatever setting you have selected for the gearbox allowing you to just use the paddles to change gear manually?
Afraid not. Its only temporary. Using the paddles when it's in auto mode appears to be designed for use only on steep inclines or if you really want to kickdown by yourself. It returns to automatic shifting after a short while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom