203 c class command cdrw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newt888

Car
C32 AMG
Hi there should the factory changer in a 2002 c class with command be able to play cd rw ? I made a cd from iTunes ( in audio format not mp3) and it won't read it as even being a cd in the slot,
I'm making cd s as my fm modulator gets feedback from various functions and sounds rubbish , although in our mk4 golf it works fine!

It doesn't read MP3 discs, the nav drive might but then no nav available......I'd dump the changer and add the ipod lead instead, my 203 has this and I use an old old 40gig ipod so no shortage of tunes at all!. (My command nav disk is a dvdrw copy of MY original and it works fine)

hope that helps

Only the later mercedes cd changers play mp3 files from cd.

Have you tried an original cd in the changer just to check it works? Try a CD-R and make sure you close the session and finalize the disc.

Last edited:
Have you tried an original cd in the changer just to check it works? Try a CD-R and make sure you close the session and finalize the disc.

You read my mind lol
And yes plays normal CDs no probs

It doesn't read MP3 discs, the nav drive might but then no nav available......I'd dump the changer and add the ipod lead instead, my 203 has this and I use an old old 40gig ipod so no shortage of tunes at all!. (My command nav disk is a dvdrw copy of MY original and it works fine)

hope that helps

I'm not trying to play mp3 .
It's a normal audio cd but a Re writable one

oops, sorry, 'DIDNAE READ THE QUESTION"....ok, changer should play cdr disks but I've never managed to get a cdrw to work, even with plain audio files.....cdr are so cheap now I would use them and make sure you'finalise' the disk as others have eluded to...

sorry for the misunderstanding :)

oops, sorry, 'DIDNAE READ THE QUESTION"....ok, changer should play cdr disks but I've never managed to get a cdrw to work, even with plain audio files.....cdr are so cheap now I would use them and make sure you'finalise' the disk as others have eluded to...

sorry for the misunderstanding :)
No worries I was gonna try cdr next :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom