203 C Class Electric Window Switch.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c240yaz

MB Enthusiast
Today the drivers side electric window switch, situated in the drivers door panel, broke off. Managed to get the window closed but I need a new switch.

Tried seaching the Russian parts cataogue to find the layout and P/N but no joy.

Does anyone know if the switch is an easy fix or even the P/N ?

Car is a 2001 C240.

Two part numbers available:-

A2038210679 - 7167 (Deep Grey)
A2038210679 - 9116 (Black Dull)

Exactly the same thing happened with my passenger side window on the same switch. Pulled it up "slightly" too hard and off it came!

Picked mine up on email for £15.

Easy replacement, screw and pull off the door card, unplug the switch from the door control module and clip off the switch.

Thanks Wully. When you say screw and pull of the door card, do you mean the panel that surrounds the actual switches ?

c240yaz

The only screws you need to remove are the one under the SRS badge, the one under the door handle pull and the small cover at the catch. The door card then pulls off, be carefiul not to break the plastic clips.

Bumping an old thread. My drivers window switch has just broken. Pulled the switch slightly too hard and the plastic came off in my hands. I've found a replacement part on eBay for £5 but not sure if I can just fit the new switch by pushing it in fairly hard or if I would need to remove the door card as per the above post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom