203 makeover.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
I just didn't like the tatty aluminium trim and the armrest which just kept disintegrating so I bought a centre console from a breakers online, only to find that it had been physically torn from the donor car and largely trashed. Bilston car breakers are clearly well named. I salvaged the box and lid, cleaned up the rear vent escutcheon which was cracked on mine and bagged the pre facelift oddments box with the extra lighter socket which I wanted. The roller blind for the oddments box was a wooden one which was good as the various wooden objects had been arriving all week so once the newly refurbished console was fitted, it was time to fit the Elegance parts. The Nextel coating on the door furniture was pretty awful so a good soak in a suitably fierce detergent stripped it back to good honest plastic which took years off the door cards. The wood trim really lifted the car having changed it from cheap and nasty to something befitting a three pointed star. Total cost about £150. Satisfaction, immense. Wheels to be refurbished next and a new headlamp to replace the cloudy one currently on one side.

Today saw a dash up to Birmingham to get a set of refurbished wheels. Four new Michelins to be fitted to them on Tuesday and a new painted wing on order. I needed to replace a caliper a few months back so have the other side to do just for the sake of symmetry so that was ordered last week and the new headlight will be here on Wednesday. A good look at the dangly bits while I'm at it to check that all is well then service the gearbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom