203 wheel centres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
I need a cheap set of wheel centres for a new set of wheels. There are loads on ebay but has anyone bought some that fit properly? I imagine they are cheap for a reason in some cases!
Thanks

I need a cheap set of wheel centres for a new set of wheels. There are loads on ebay but has anyone bought some that fit properly? I imagine they are cheap for a reason in some cases!
Thanks

Most have had success with the ones from eBay.

For me they didn’t fit, and I got a genuine set from MB for around £50.

I still have my cheap eBay wheel centre caps 4 years after buying them.
They are in better condition than the alloys:(
qLtVpGY.jpg

Genuine ones from MB are around £15 each, why bother with E-bay knock offs ?? I bought 4 about 20 months ago and they still look brand new.

Genuine ones from MB are around £15 each, why bother with E-bay knock offs ?? I bought 4 about 20 months ago and they still look brand new.

eBay ones are £5 for 4 lol

I still got mine from Merc though

.. I'm all for oem parts but in this case I bought my replacements (perfect fit) IMG_20181110_215029.jpg from I think the same ebay shop, went to our favourite Italian with the money we saved not buying the MB items! ;)

.. I'm all for oem parts but in this case I bought my replacements (perfect fit) View attachment 81179 from I think the same ebay shop, went to our favourite Italian with the money we saved not buying the MB items! ;)

Have you got a link to the exact ones you bought please Ed? ;)

There's an offer for cheap original MB ones on Amazon, search based on the part number.

I'm sure I only paid just short of 6 quid for mine but was back in June. The prices seem to vary for the same items. Hey, if they fall apart after 6 months I'll just just get some new ones (then go out for another Italian! ;))

IMG_20181111_105420.jpg
My old ones. IMG_20181111_105402.jpg my black ones
Just looked at the receipt for my original MB ones. £9 each + vat.
That's not a bad price tbh. Ans they are better quality really. The current Mrs Edd1968 has oem ones on her wheels, they are resin coated whereas mine are not and will tarnish with time.

Last edited:
they are resin coated whereas mine are not and will tarnish with time

How about if you spray them with some clear lacquer?

How about if you spray them with some clear lacquer?
You could do that. If you're going to use a potentially aggressive wheel cleaner then yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom