2058-1 fault lambda control upstream TWC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icethomas

Car
mercedes clk c209 1.8 kompressor
Hello Gents!
I am looking for help/ advise what to do. Few months ago I have replaced lambda sensor upstream and I thought the problem will disappear but did not. After lambda replace i had some other issues such as MAS airflow replaced, MAP sensor replaced, new ignition coils, cleaned EGR (last Saturday) and lambda will still show up after driving 50-100 miles distance. Doesn’t show up on dashboard straight away but when I scan my ecu with FOXTEC this error will be there. Is there anyone of you das experience such problem? Can you please help as I am driving 2 miles distance next week!
your help is much appreciate

Attachments

• F1F25841-1045-42A3-A168-FC9D124BA7DC.jpeg
    F1F25841-1045-42A3-A168-FC9D124BA7DC.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 9ED8C745-E1C1-444E-9B80-60000CF77CD0.jpeg
    9ED8C745-E1C1-444E-9B80-60000CF77CD0.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 2
In addition to the sensing element in the lambda sensor there is also a heater. If this is not operating the sensor won't work. They are usually 3 wire common return or 4 wire separate sensor and heater connections. I am not familiar with the circuitry of your particular car but might explain why the problem continues with the new sensor if there's something wrong with the heater supply. The lambda sensor often doesn't come into action right away till the engine/exhaust warms up as the mixture is designed to run rich initially during the warm-up phase - this might explain why the fault doesn't appear right away.

Thank you Grober for your respond. This actually make sense as I had this error that mixture is too reach and also I have ordered new temperature control sensor which is responsible for the fuel economy too. I will let you know if that have solved my issues. Will you have any other ideas what else could calls this problem? My car is merecedes clk200 kompressor. 2004 reg

There is a fault on these M271 ENGINES with leaking cam sensors. The oil can migrate along the wiring and cause faults with both lamdba and MAFF sensors. Once contaminated the wiring has to be renewed/modified to prevent any recurrence of the fault.
M271 Leaking Cam Sensors - MBWorld.org Forums

Thank you Grober for another information. I confirm that I have replaced engine camshaft magnet and extended wires which I have ordered directly from Germany MB. This is to prevent oil going to the ECU. I have checked and oil didn’t get that far. Also my car it has done 72k miles which is 115k km. Tomorrow I am collecting temperature control sensor and will replace that tomorrow. Hopefully this will solve this problem.

In last few days I have also replaced thermostat, auxiliary pump which has failed.

There is a fault on these M271 ENGINES with leaking cam sensors. The oil can migrate along the wiring and cause faults with both lamdba and MAFF sensors. Once contaminated the wiring has to be renewed/modified to prevent any recurrence of the fault.
M271 Leaking Cam Sensors - MBWorld.org Forums
I'm sorry to but this it not an issue! you have to do compression check because when timing out, sprocket on cams wearing and chain stretching you will get misfire, theres number of different reasons too you like valves on exhaust side not sealing and you loosing compression also vacuum leak... I m doing diagnostic for free and will rebuild engine if needed and give you peace of mind for years but you have to get car to me Greater Manchester

Check the basic stuff too - I had a very long running fault with an Alfa some years back. After a very long time and a lot of investigation, I finally tracked it down to a cracked lambda heater fuse. I was both delighted and irritated to eventually find it, as it had been one of the first things I'd checked - just didn't spot it was cracked as it was an opaque fuse and had 'buzzed out' OK when I checked it.

Symptoms were intermittent lambda heater fault codes, intermittent mixture fault codes, poor economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom