208cdi 2003, replacement injectors, glow plugs, no em lights, no power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classicmel

Car
Mercedes 190e
I was wondering if anyone may have some idea of what could be wrong here, firstly, it's a 2003 208cdi and has had replacement injectors and glow plugs, new fuel filter too and yet it struggles to go over 3000 rpm and has no go in it at all, going downhill it can get to say 62mph and 3100 rpm, no smoke, ticks over great, it's really baffling.

I was wondering if anyone may have some idea of what could be wrong here, firstly, it's a 2003 208cdi and has had replacement injectors and glow plugs, new fuel filter too and yet it struggles to go over 3000 rpm and has no go in it at all, going downhill it can get to say 62mph and 3100 rpm, no smoke, ticks over great, it's really baffling.
It’s in limp mode , there will be a stored fault code , you ideally need a Star diagnostic session , or an MB specific code reader like icarsoft

It’s in limp mode , there will be a stored fault code , you ideally need a Star diagnostic session , or an MB specific code reader like icarsoft
Thank you very much w1ghty, upon it being tested there were 7 fault codes so it was reset and then only one came up which was saying open circuit on a glow plug, now it's had them replaced and since then two more, there's no eml light on the dash, the glow plug light goes out after maybe 100 yards.

Noticed twice now that from cold start for maybe half a mile it revs up and goes to over 4k rpm, however, when it gets to temperature it's back down to 3k rpm max. Some turbo boost problem which isn't showing on the computer anymore but is an issue he said, it could be the vanes? on the turbo??- excuse, way over my head.

Ok, now because this is post 'black death' the guy has said it would be best to buy another loom and splice it in to start off with because the carbon may well have damaged the wiring extensively so this is likely to cost some £200 plus the 2nd hand loom and this may not clear the problem.. getting tired of it now as have spent far too much on it, black death, glow plugs x 6, recovery, injectors, 2 x shocks and front bushes, we're up to £1200+ on a 2003 plate cdi.. what else can go wrong with it... thing is, it starts perfectly every time and apart from being on limp it stays at the same temperature and is rot free.

Has anyone else had this issue post Black death and if so, did they have the loom replaced / or 2nd hand one spliced in? any advice welcome.

As W1ghty says: SDS
Since it is in limp mode, there IS a fault code.
You glow plug or module is still faulty, it should go out immediately, few seconds after ingintion on.

As W1ghty says: SDS
Since it is in limp mode, there IS a fault code.
You glow plug or module is still faulty, it should go out immediately, few seconds after ingintion on.
That's what I said above "open circuit on a glow plug" my point is that I have been advised to purchase a second hand wiring look and for the connectors to be cut off and spliced into the loom on the vehicle, hence coming here and asking if anyone else has had this done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom