209 CLK320 Convertible - Nav Dead & Hidden Antenna?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GNB

Car
CLK320 Avantgarde Convertible
Hi guys,

I recently bought a 54 plate CLK320 Avantgarde Convertible and during a recent motorway trip the Comand NAV went crazy, lost it's bearings and now doesn't seem to be talking to any SAT's anymore (no bearings etc being displayed).

I've read enough posts that say the antenna is probably shot and should be replaced but before I do that I just want to make sure that it hasn't just come loose (wishful thinking I know).

Which leads me to my question, where is it? I just can't find the little bugger!

I've read a few posts that say that it's under the boot deck on my model but all I see when I lift up the cover is the spare wheel and jack etc, no antenna and there is no kind of aerial attached to the exterior bodywork anywhere either!

I should add that the radio still works fine, don't know if that has anything to do with the antenna or if it runs of a separate aerial though.

Lastly, in the likely event that I do need to replace the antenna, what kind of damage should my wallet be preparing for?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers,

Grant

P.S. If it helps this is the part number of the version of Comand APS I have - 2095848882

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom