209 speaker adaptors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scruffy

Car
W209 CLK 320
anyone know where to source 165mm front speaker adapters for a clk W209, tried to fit new speakers today with the supplied adaptors, completely different shape - fits all model clk's says the audio shop expert! - yeah right.

Most audio sites seem to list clk 97-present with no model number.

thanks

s

You can always make some yourself if you are handy with the jigsaw!

I looked at the plastic speaker adaptor rings from the likes of Autoleads and Maystar and didn't think much of them - ended up making some out of MDF and fibreglass! :)

What size speakers did your car originally have, and what size are you trying to fit? Many aftermarket speakers will have a large magnet that needs spacing correctly or it will catch on the window mechanism!

Cheers,

Will

I just used the old mouldings fromt he stock speakers and it worked fine, I also fitted 6x9's in rear as I'm working on custom mids and tweeter install from the rear.

CLKKOMP said:
I just used the old mouldings fromt he stock speakers and it worked fine.

is yours a 208 or 209.
looks like one complete unit to me, do they come apart then?

Mine a w209,

I took a dremal to them and got the magnet out and cone just using the fittings for the speak mount it takes a bit of effort but i have done this to many cars

Here my spec:

CLK Coupe 200 Kompressor 2003 53
Mod's so Far:
6 Disc Changer Self Installed
Rear Deck 6x9's Pioneer
Front Speakers (Infinity)
2x12 inch JL Audio Subs
Amps: JL e1200 & JL e4300
Audio Control EQS Graphic
4 Blue Neons in Boot
AMG Spoiler
Evo Pedal's
Leather'd
Lorinser LM6 Rims
Under Dash Neons

Latest Mod: EURO COMAND (thanks Steve)
Aux In

Working on getting a TV unit and rear screens with the new ps2.

Thanks
Neil

dealers getting me some 203 adaptors to see if they fit, if not, i'll follow your lead, thanks for the tip, did you change all your door speakers or just the fronts.

scruffy said:
dealers getting me some 203 adaptors to see if they fit, if not, i'll follow your lead, thanks for the tip, did you change all your door speakers or just the fronts.

I changed botht he rear ones just went straight in and I dril the holes

Thanks
Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom