20's on a CLK(w209)?

CLK-Singh

Hey guys would appreciate some help on on some alloys. I have checked the wheel fitment chart but cant get the info I need. Would the below alloys go onto a W209 CLK? offset seems to be 35 all round. If so what size tyres would i be looking at?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370072258610&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Technically speaking you could get them to fit but tyre choice is paramount here.

You're looking at something like a 225/30/20 on the front but I've been unable to find something suitable for the wider rear.

Frankly it'll be a nightmare, they might rub or wear in funny places and you may have issues with handling but if you really are desperate to fit 20" rims then it is possible providing you choose appropriate tyres; size, brand and even model can make a difference at this extreme.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
Too big IMO, When choosing your Mercedes I'm sure comfort must have been part of the equation, the ride quality will suffer big time. Not to mention the increased wear on the suspension components.

OP
OP
C

CLK-Singh

Thank you Shude and Aka$h.
I was recommended 245/30/20 upfront and 275/30/20 at the rear. I see your points about this could be a nightmare and ride comfort etc. The reason I am thinking about these is because I cannot find these reps anywhere in 19's.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Thank you Shude and Aka$h.
I was recommended 245/30/20 upfront and 275/30/20 at the rear. I see your points about this could be a nightmare and ride comfort etc. The reason I am thinking about these is because I cannot find these reps anywhere in 19's.
None of the recognised tuners have used 20" rims on a 209 CLK and on the 19" rims they have used, it's been 235 front, 265 rear! Let's just say it would be brave :)

I'm sure you can find those in 19" somewhere, would you settle for 18"?

OP
OP
C

CLK-Singh

To be honest I have got my heart set on 19's..ebay.com and .de have these in 19's but dont have the AMG stamp on the wheels. I suppose i will just have to keep searching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom