20's on a CLK(w209)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Technically speaking you could get them to fit but tyre choice is paramount here.

You're looking at something like a 225/30/20 on the front but I've been unable to find something suitable for the wider rear.

Frankly it'll be a nightmare, they might rub or wear in funny places and you may have issues with handling but if you really are desperate to fit 20" rims then it is possible providing you choose appropriate tyres; size, brand and even model can make a difference at this extreme.

Too big IMO, When choosing your Mercedes I'm sure comfort must have been part of the equation, the ride quality will suffer big time. Not to mention the increased wear on the suspension components.

Thank you Shude and Aka$h.
I was recommended 245/30/20 upfront and 275/30/20 at the rear. I see your points about this could be a nightmare and ride comfort etc. The reason I am thinking about these is because I cannot find these reps anywhere in 19's.

Thank you Shude and Aka$h.
I was recommended 245/30/20 upfront and 275/30/20 at the rear. I see your points about this could be a nightmare and ride comfort etc. The reason I am thinking about these is because I cannot find these reps anywhere in 19's.
None of the recognised tuners have used 20" rims on a 209 CLK and on the 19" rims they have used, it's been 235 front, 265 rear! Let's just say it would be brave :)

I'm sure you can find those in 19" somewhere, would you settle for 18"?

To be honest I have got my heart set on 19's..ebay.com and .de have these in 19's but dont have the AMG stamp on the wheels. I suppose i will just have to keep searching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom