20x10.5 rear tyre size E63 AMG W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luke-BITURBO

Car
E63 AMG 725BHP, R35 GTR 700BHP, C63S, GOLF GTI 550BHP
Anyone running 10.5" rears? What size tyres are you running

Thankyou

I've seen that chart before Alex, or similar at least.

It states that for a 9.5" rim, the maximum tyre width is 275, yet mine came out of the box with 285s on it, which seem fine. I thought of going up to 295s at one stage though, looking into it a bit more I may actually go down a size and see how that works traction wise...

They're not there too long anyway . :D

It's more profile I need help with

Cheers

I have 20 x 10.5 rears on my CLS and run a 25 profile.

Thanks that's what I'm running now do you think we can run a 30 rear

Thanks that's what I'm running now do you think we can run a 30 rear

You have to understand what the profile number is before going forth.

The number is a percentage of the width. Thus a 275/35 tyre (no matter what diameter the wheel is) will have a side wall 35% of 275mm...which is 96.25mm.

Your question is thus meaningless unless you also state the width of tyre you are thinking about.

If you know the size of the standard tyre for your car then you can calculate the tyre size required for different size rims.

Use this calculator:

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

I was told a 285/30 or 295/30 won't work on a 20"

I have no experience though I was always advised to go 295/25/20 .

If you try it let us know.

25? But what width is the tyre...that would then be useful info.

For instance I bought wheels recently with 245 on the front and 275 on the rear...both had 40 profiles...thus the rears were much taller than the fronts and the CC could not have worked correctly and other systems too. The rears should have been 35 so that both tyres were the same diameter.

I was told a 285/30 or 295/30 won't work on a 20"

I have no experience though I was always advised to go 295/25/20 .

If you try it let us know.

What size ids the standard tyre...then you can calculate what is the correct tyre...otherwise you are just messing around with what the car was designed to take.

My car for instance takes a standard 225/55 17 tyre. When going to 19" rims the correct size is 245/40 on the front and 275/35 on the rear. Other size tyres will fit...but will be incorrect, unless the profile is adjusted with the width...and even then it will not always be possible to get the correct fit.

Standard is 285/30/19

So going up to 20" it should be 295/25/20 as that's closest to the OEM size. That's what I worked out anyway.

Now finding the correct load rating is a different story.

25? But what width is the tyre...that would then be useful info.

Apologies for the delay, only just got time to check (been away). They are 295/25/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom