21" AMG's with Summer Rubber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ha! i know exactly what you mean!

when i opened the boxes of the polished chrome brabus wheels, they looked soooo amazing; however, when i got the GL back after wheels being fitted, i was a bit dissappointed; the polished chrome looked dull paired with the black paintwork of the car ( + the afforementioned suspension issues didn't help ) and was going to remove and sell them....

however, i now think they look amazing, and am so happy with them. they disquise light brake dust also, so they look cleaner for longer! i'm sure you will be delighted with the finish.:thumb:

the 355 is a total delight; any report on any new ferrari's now is always accommpanied with the 'the F355 was the last beautiful car ferrari made' quote, and i feel it is the best time right now to buy as the prices will never be as low ever again; they will soon be priced higher than 360's imho, and if you took that with you to NZ, the value would increase about 25% immediately...:rock: i'v had mines about 6 years, and has been a delight to own; none of this utter nonsense in the mags how 'budget £3-5000 a year to run a 355' has applied....

fianlly, could you post more pics of your ML63...:D

The new wheels look great. I can also comment on the wheel refurbishers you mentioned.

I used them to refurb the 18" AMG Styling III's on our C Class. We had some major kerbing on one of the wheels and we also went for a change in colour to Smoked Silver.

I initially went for the same day service and when we went to collect the rims there was a bit of a run on one of the wheels. They re-did two of them for me as I had noticed a small imperfection on one of the other rims. It was a bit of a hassle as I'm near London but to be fair they did discount the job and had said at the outset that they would have preffered to have them overnight in the first place.

I'd recommend them. If you're local pop in and see them I was convinced with them.

I go down the same route of larger wheels for summer on the ML and back to the 'tiny' 19" standard wheels for winter.
As the car is used mainly by my wife, I decided 20" was as large as I wanted to go, as we all know that the size of the wheel is directly proportional to it's magnetic atraction to kerbs......
The change from 19" to 20" is really no change in ride quality with Airmatic, but the Toyo tyres on the 20" are head and shoulders above the OE Bridgestones.:thumb:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/67425-blue-ml-320-a.html

as we all know that the size of the wheel is directly proportional to it's magnetic atraction to kerbs......

This is so true :D

ML5.jpg

ML1.jpg

ML4.jpg

ML6.jpg

The new wheels look great. I can also comment on the wheel refurbishers you mentioned.

I used them to refurb the 18" AMG Styling III's on our C Class. We had some major kerbing on one of the wheels and we also went for a change in colour to Smoked Silver.

I initially went for the same day service and when we went to collect the rims there was a bit of a run on one of the wheels. They re-did two of them for me as I had noticed a small imperfection on one of the other rims. It was a bit of a hassle as I'm near London but to be fair they did discount the job and had said at the outset that they would have preffered to have them overnight in the first place.

I'd recommend them. If you're local pop in and see them I was convinced with them.

Fortunately I'm fairly local, about 40 minutes away. Interesting that you say they had to redo them as I was due to collect Friday but had a phone call to say that they weren't happy with one of them and that they were redoing it. No hassle for me really as they won't be going back on until the winter but good to hear of your experiences with them.

Just to finish off this tale......

Got the wheels back just over a week longer than anticipated due to a 'corrosion' problem around the valve area with one of them.

Overall I'm 100% happy with the chosen colour of 'Black Chrome' and 90% happy with the finish. I expected the colour to be a lot darker so it was a pleasant surprise when I saw them. The finish isn't 100%. There are a few paint dimples but perhaps I'm being a little to picky particularly as the whole point of getting them done was to stop the pitting in the mucky winter weather. The dimples aren't particularly noticeable without close scrutiny and certainly not worth the effort of having to cart them back over to Birmingham.

Anyway, to conclude the thread

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom