210 Saloon. £1495. Lovely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
For the money, this is lovely. LINK.

Looks nice bit if tidying required but shame its an oil burner

In essence, being an oil-burner is a plus.

Lovely colour and great value for money as a daily driver. It would fetch a reasonable return at the end of its life for the wheels etc.

In essence, being an oil-burner is a plus.

Lovely colour and great value for money as a daily driver. It would fetch a reasonable return at the end of its life for the wheels etc.

I agree an oil burner for some is a plus but driving the clk recently as my daily convinced me diesel is not the way forward for us. My new daily due to arrive in March is petrol. JSWMBO Beetle is petrol as is my CLK. SWMBO's Kuga will be our last diesel vehicle ever so when we renew that in two years that will also be petrol.

Is that good ol' beryl blue in a W210?... Surely not!

My eyes are struggling to work it out...

Its rotten, check the rear arch/sill area.

Wheels would sell for around £600

Its not beryll blue, if i recall the name correctly its aragonite blue. We ordered one new back in 2000. The best car in terms of economy/performance. And the car that "broke" us in terms of buying new mb's. Three years, ten warranty claims. I hope things have truly changed now.....

Its rotten, check the rear arch/sill area.

Wheels would sell for around £600

So if kept a couple of years, sell the wheels for £500 and scrap it if necessary. Cheap motoring in something half presentable with good economy and decent performance. As long as repairing the rust (if it indeed had to be done) wasn't too expensive, it would be a nice car that one wouldn't fret about leaving parked in a supermarket car park etc.

118,000 is low for one of those engines. I wonder if it has spent a prolonged period off the road for some reason or been clocked at some point?

possibly the photos , but does the interior , seats etc change colour . ?? no reason why the mileage would be wrong tbh , I'm on 78k on a 2004 .

Registration number: SJ51KKY

Mileage readings are currently only available for MOTs done from 1 August 2011.

• Vehicle makeMERCEDES
  • Vehicle modelE 320
  • Date first used31 October 2001
  • Fuel typeDiesel
  • ColourBlue

MOT history of this vehicle

• Test date2 October 2015
  • Expiry date14 October 2016
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading117,401 miles
  • MOT test number7830 4356 6156
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    nearside front Anti-roll bar has slight play in a pin/bush upper and lower (2.4.G.2)
    offside rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
    nearside rear Brake pipe slightly corroded both front to rear (3.6.B.2c)
    oil leak
    nearside rear child seat fitted unable to fully inspect seatbelt

Last edited:
My old car!!

This is my previous car that I traded in against my s211 at Evan halshaw in broxburn back in November.

I had the car for 2 and a half years and it was a great car the mileage is genuine bodywork was excellent (for a 210) never let me down.

Hopefully she went to a good home.

Sj51kky

Hi Ton377 I bought the car in Jan last year , looked for quite a while for a tidy low miles W210 and lucky i found this one. Has been pretty much stood since I bought it as lost my licence after a cardiac arrest and waiting to get it back but looks like I wont be getting it back. Have done quite a bit of work on the car while waiting , replaced the entire front end , suspension/steering bushes brakes bearings etc tidied up the wheels and body but now unfortunately will have to go otherwise I fear it will end up a rust stain on the drive. Did you put the AMG wheels on it or did you get it with them on.

Regards

Ed

Attachments

• pjimage.jpg
    pjimage.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20170421_130924.jpg
    IMG_20170421_130924.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 78
  • collage-2017-05-082.jpg
    collage-2017-05-082.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi Ton377 I bought the car in Jan last year , looked for quite a while for a tidy low miles W210 and lucky i found this one. Has been pretty much stood since I bought it as lost my licence after a cardiac arrest and waiting to get it back but looks like I wont be getting it back. Have done quite a bit of work on the car while waiting , replaced the entire front end , suspension/steering bushes brakes bearings etc tidied up the wheels and body but now unfortunately will have to go otherwise I fear it will end up a rust stain on the drive. Did you put the AMG wheels on it or did you get it with them on.

Regards

Ed

Hello, the wheels were on the car when I bought it of a local guy I had seen the car driving around regularly before I got her and the colour was ace, the car was a very clean 210 and the only thing that failed when I had her was the offside rear window regulator that I replaced with a genuine Mercedes one.

Regards Tony.

Have you got a photo of the whole car?

w210

Heres the old girl shes still in great condition , sitting high at the rear as the near side rear wheel is off and its on stands. And she needs a good polish.

Attachments

• merc2.jpg
    merc2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 56
  • merc3.jpg
    merc3.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 55
  • merc4.jpg
    merc4.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Looks lovely and clean! A good buy by yourself sir!

Heres the old girl shes still in great condition , sitting high at the rear as the near side rear wheel is off and its on stands. And she needs a good polish.

Lovely.

210's are great if you can get a half decent one.
If I didn't use an estate as a matter of course, I'd be very happy to own that. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom