210 Vs 124 Diesel Estates on ebay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When the seller has to mention that the tax disc is worth £120 as a plus point...
Both descriptions appear honest, but both cars require substantial investment in order to put right. I bet the 210 has more rust than the 124

the W124 should fetch the highest price. however the paintwork lets it down.

overall the W124 would be a better car methinks, but i'm biast :D

Seems surprising that the w124 has attracted the amount bid, given the condition and faults described.Perhaps ok as a smoker till the ticket runs out, or for someone who knows his way and at home round the w124's.

I would rather splash out another 1k or 2 on a sorted car, rather than put money into an example such as that.

Normally I'd prefer a 124 over a 210 every time, but of those 2 the 210 looks much better and of course has the benefit of a turbo. That 124 diesel looks like it's been beaten to within an inch of it's life.

its a shame when you see these things, both of these will be bought and run until the next MOT fail and then squashed i suspect. Good news is the more old smokers that die the higher my two appreciate ;):D

its a shame when you see these things, both of these will be bought and run until the next MOT fail and then squashed i suspect. Good news is the more old smokers that die the higher my two appreciate

I have experienced that on a couple of my cars. They could be bought for very little but are now appreciating nicely.

I have experienced that on a couple of my cars. They could be bought for very little but are now appreciating nicely.

W124 is in the same situation W123 was several years ago now. all the old bangers are showing up cheap at the moment. good bargains can be had in the mix of them (i bought one infact!).... the less remain, the more they appreciate. however the parts prices probably also go up! not that i ever plan to sell them mind, i love both the W124's to bits, they are just so good on so many levels.

The trouble with W124 is that there are too many of them and they do rust quite heavily underneath.

Will an average w124 ever be deemed special enough to be worth anything?

The trouble with W124 is that there are too many of them and they do rust quite heavily underneath.

Will an average w124 ever be deemed special enough to be worth anything?

In short the answer to that is... No.

I have a belter of a 124 Estate as regards the oily and friction bits. The subframe has been off at the back and new bushes (Merc) put in. Whilst it was off a bit of welding was required around the mounts for the subframe and it was all undersealed afterwards. Its got a leather interior but that's about its only "extra"

My problem is 235K on the clock and flaking paintwork especially on the near side. Whats it worth, to sell - 800 if I'm lucky. Whats it worth to me - Certainly a lot more than 800.

In short the answer to that is... No.

I have a belter of a 124 Estate as regards the oily and friction bits. The subframe has been off at the back and new bushes (Merc) put in. Whilst it was off a bit of welding was required around the mounts for the subframe and it was all undersealed afterwards. Its got a leather interior but that's about its only "extra"

My problem is 235K on the clock and flaking paintwork especially on the near side. Whats it worth, to sell - 800 if I'm lucky. Whats it worth to me - Certainly a lot more than 800.

pretty much same as me - my car wouldnt sell for much because its used daily and raking up high miles - however i dont plan to sell. i cant see why i would ever want to really unless my situation changes.

Assuming the w124 buyer hands over his £621, what should those of us with e300d cars with long T&T's, switchgear/electrical functions present and correct, sound coachwork, interiors and mechanical condition be reasonably worth ?

What a pair of dogs, I'm surprised anyone has bid on either.

The W210 has MOT until April 2013. What do you expect to get for £820.

It a bit flaky on the bodywork, but underneath and mechanically it will be a very sound car that will go on for a long time yet.

Why are so many people on here out of touch with reality?

The W210 has MOT until April 2013. What do you expect to get for £820.

It a bit flaky on the bodywork, but underneath and mechanically it will be a very sound car that will go on for a long time yet.

Why are so many people on here out of touch with reality?

Reputation, the w210's is poor, and looks, few like the dead fish front end of that car either

Reputation, the w210's is poor, and looks, few like the dead fish front end of that car either

The reputation of the W210 is of reliability which far exceeds that of the W124. They do suffer with body panel rust, but then rot a lot less underneath than a W124.
As far as looks, it is a lot more modern.

The reputation of the W210 is of reliability which far exceeds that of the W124.

Not sure about that.

210's are ok if you live in a country which doesn't rain I guess though :)

Last edited:
Not sure about that.

210's are ok if you live in a country which doesn't rain I guess though :)

I'm not sure what corrosion has to do with reliability, please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom