211 E320 Vibration / power loss - Help pls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David-J

Car
2003 E320 CDi **********
Hi all. 2003 W211 E320 CDi 76K FSH
I really hope that you can help throw some light onto an issue I'm having Please.
I Recently started to notice a vibration at tickover like a misfire and when the gearchange drops the revs below 1000. Starts OK, runs OK cold. When warm it will run smoothly on the motorway etc, but under any load / acceleration from any speed there is a noticeable vibration I can only describe as "misfire" or running over a cattle grid - as if it had a bad sparkplug or coil. As it has neither I am at a loss. It has a definite loss of power when this vibration is present, then occasionally "surges" suddenly into full power, but not at any specific RPM - like a sticking injector perhaps? I've also noticed the autobox gearchange timing has changed, perhaps the engine torque is throwing the box out a little bit?
As the vibration occurs at any speed and is present when stationary, I'm dis-inclined to think it's anything to do with the torque converter of gearbox.
Local garage have done the "Bottle test" on the injectors and there was nothing to show a problem, but this would not show up a sticking injector I think.
So, any ideas anyone? Pretty please:confused:
Any Ideas anyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom