211 facelift rear light cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Anyone able to advise the best place to get a sensibly priced replacement? Unfortunately, I had some bad news at hospital today and then managed to reverse on to the end of a fence and smash the lense on my saloon's off-side rear. :(

Is the facelift compatible with pre-facelift clusters? Are the different trim versions? (Mine is an Avantgarde)

Is it an easy enough diy replacement?

Thanks for any help.

Anyone able to advise the best place to get a sensibly priced replacement? Unfortunately, I had some bad news at hospital today and then managed to reverse on to the end of a fence and smash the lense on my saloon's off-side rear. :(

Is the facelift compatible with pre-facelift clusters? Are the different trim versions? (Mine is an Avantgarde)

Is it an easy enough diy replacement?

Thanks for any help.

I am sure someone is selling some in the Mercedes parts classified on this forum.

Being an Avantgarde you will need the LED version as the Classic/Elegance versions have normal filament bulb versions. Sadly this is usually the more dearer one too.

Is there any major difference between OEM and aftermarket? My local dealer has quoted a price of circa £166 for OEM, whereas Euro are selling third party at circa £100-120.

I found a YouTube video of changing the cluster, albeit on a CLK, and it looks like just three bolts to undo from inside the lining - should be fairly easy.

Sorted!

Collected a new rear light from Euro Car Parts, thanks very much to Jack for all his help, and then fitted it this afternoon in between all the showers!

I couldn't find any exact 'How tos' online, but did find one guide that was useful. Ultimately, it was a case of removing the plastic boot trim, boot liner, and side liner (well, lose in that) and then unclipping the wires and undoing the nuts holding it in. To fit, I just did everything in reverse. Job done and took less than an hour. Doesn't saving money on a car repair feel good?! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom