211 paint correction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R W

Car
01,E320CDI. 2012 Sclass 350cdi
Today my 211 went in for theObsidianblack paint to be corrected. I bought this car recently from Germany & being black showed light swirl marks all over, more prominent on the bonnet. Probably if it had been silver they may not have been so noticeable but the black shows them. I used a claybar on the car a few weeks ago to get rid of the crud from the train journey from Germany to here in Kyrgyzstan. I was thinking then, to put a coat of wax on for some protection till the winter was finished then later have it professionally corrected. But I visited the company who do this correction work & they were busy doing a black S class & it looked amazing. The paint was like wet glass, if mine turns out half as good I will be happy. Two men were taking two days to correct the S class paint. So I changed my plan, to having it professional corrected now & I can hopefully maintain it myself as I have a collection of polishes & waxes + a Porter cable orbital polisher.

Due to the language problems & my Russian is limited; I was unsure what protection they would put on the car after the correction. But I am happy to do that myself. I was thinking when I get it back to put two coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze, then a couple of coats of Collinite 476 to protect it.

If any of you guys can recommend better products for black paint I would appreciate your thoughts. I am looking forward to Wednesday to see the finished results.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom