211 Panoramic roof.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where did you get that from?

I have a great aversion to the very concept of a Sunroof let alone anything like a Panoramic roof. Any marginal utilty is outweighed by the potential for misery

Heard it said that at resale time having a Panoramic roof will usually present more of a liabilty than an asset.

No barge pole is long enough IMO

Bought my W211 in 2002 specifically for the pano roof. Touch wood. 65,000 miles, open most days, and no problems.

Wouldn't have a W211 without. Light, airy, and stunning to look at - all that black polished glass. Love it.

Where did you get that from?

A Peugeot 405 with a nightmare electric sunroof that I very soon simply dared not ever use for fear of it jamming. And it reduced the headroom so that even with a seat lowering kit had to drive with bonce tilted to the right.

Ford Mondeo with a manual sunroof that rattled, creaked and leaked.

Vauxhall Vectra SRi with a sunroof that worked although I seldom used it because of excessive wind noise.

Then I had a BMW 5 Series that had no sunroof. More headroom, and I soon found that I missed one about as much as a toothache.

Too late! I've already decided on the car. Not been able to see one like this available anywhere. A180cdi Elegance auto 3 door, Dune Gold.

Lots of Avantgards in Blaks & Silvers but no Elegance.

I am sure they have a webasto roof. Even worse than panoramic.:crazy:

Wouldn't have a W211 without. Light, airy, and stunning to look at - all that black polished glass. Love it.

So do I but I still wouldn't buy one with a pano..

A Peugeot 405 with a nightmare electric sunroof that I very soon simply dared not ever use for fear of it jamming. And it reduced the headroom so that even with a seat lowering kit had to drive with bonce tilted to the right.

Ford Mondeo with a manual sunroof that rattled, creaked and leaked.

Vauxhall Vectra SRi with a sunroof that worked although I seldom used it because of excessive wind noise.

Then I had a BMW 5 Series that had no sunroof. More headroom, and I soon found that I missed one about as much as a toothache.

I agree here. At one time you couldn't get a car without a sunroof and it was a real pain..since A/c came along I've always deleted the roof even if it was standard with delete option for all the above reasons.

Nice story Oliver.
That customer will stay with you for life now.

Does anyone have anything good to say about Pano roofs..?
All I've ever heard is that they rattle and don't work or fit well.

I have to say that I love my Pana....roof...never had a problem at all...

There is the other way to look at it, my first sunroof was on a triumph Pi 2500 estate that I bought from the motor auctions in Brentford. It was in the main hall of A cars, lovely day the sun was shining, and I drove it out as far as halfway out of the door, where I stopped to open the roof and put my sun glasses on. The next thing I felt this whack on the head and I could not see one thing, a pigeon had crapped on me from the top of the roof and I was covered in it from head to toe, I have been lucky in the SL, here at the seaside and seagulls so far

Nice story Oliver.

no, my blind's screwed :(

Wow. Impressed (as always) by Olly - most other places would not even bother making the effort and just try and get the customer to pay through the nose.

These panoramic roof problems - are they the ones (fixed) on the S -Classes also?

The pano roof in my SL is brilliant and I don't ever want to go back to full metal (Avantime anyone?) so was hoping to be sitting waiting on the depreciation curve in a few years when a current model S class passes me on the slide down and rescue it :)

As this thread has come up. I had an E61 5 Series touring with a pano roof.

Was alright for the first 18 months and then a complete nightmare. Car ended up getting taken away on a low loader because of the water coming in and stored till the bmw dealer could look at it.

Last sunroof i ever get , even puts me off getting a convertable now!

Main problem we had with my wife's C coupe pano was rattling. It drove me insane on a long journey! Never again!

Strange how a post from 3 years ago, suddenly comes back to life.... :doh:

Nice story Oliver.

The Pano Roof on my 04 S211 doesn't rattle and works flawlessly :thumb:

i was expecting rattle on mine when i bought it after reading all the threads, but nothing either! you wouldnt know it had a pana roof its so quiet.

hey i have a e320 cdi on a 04 same problem roof wont go back or forward any ideas guys from where i could get mine done from? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom